23. SURPRISE, SURPRISE!

REYNA

"Reyna, you think you can close up tonight? I gotta run. Can't stay." Jenny, our manager asks in a rush mode.

"Uh, sure. I got it." I answer her.

"Are you sure? I can ask someone to come in real quick if it's too much-"

I interrupt her. "Jenny, I got it. I'll close up, it's not a big deal. Go."

She exhales and smiles. "Thanks Rey, see you later."

She speeds out of the store as I pull out my phone. An incoming call from Bonez. Haven't spoken to him in a little while.

"You miss me?" I answer then phone.

"Maybe. Where you been?" He says.

"I been here, working."

"Aw, yeah I see you. You busy tonight?" He asks. I'm not in the mood to go out.

"I'll be at home resting. Gotta work tomorrow morning and I have another job interview to go to."

"Damn. You can't find at least an hour for ya boy?" He chuckles. "You done with me?"

"Ya boy? I don't remember having one but I'll see. Maybe sometime this week. No promises."

"Alright, ma. Hit me up." He hangs up as one last customer comes through the door.

"Good evening sir, is there anything I can help you find?" I greet him.

He looks down at me and smiles. "Yes, I'm looking for a specific perfume my daughter loves. I'm not sure where to find it. I think it's called Viva La Juicy but I'm not sure."

He's a very tall, lean man with broad shoulders and low cut wavy hair. He follows me while I look for his daughter's specific perfume.

"I personally love that perfume too. Great gift."

"Is that so? Then I hope she loves it."

"She is going to love it, trust me." I ensure him as he pays for the perfume.

"Thank you." He smiles and leaves the store.

By the time I finish ringing up his items, it's time to close up. I do so and get ready to leave. I've been here all day. I'm exhausted.

I'm pretty sure no one cooked at home. Robyn's always busy and Remi is literally scared to touch a stove or deal with anything that has to do with fire.

I walk over to the Sbarro pizza place and order two slices of cheese pizza and two garlic bread sticks with garlic sauce and pay for my food.

I eat the bread sticks while driving home with my windows down and the cool wind blowing on my face.

I'm really loving the changes I've made in my life. Soon it's going to be work and school. I have no time for any other distractions right now. It's going to be my senior of high school and I need to have all my plans set.

I park the car in the driveway and make my way in the house.

Most of the lights are turned off and the house is quiet. It's only eleven o'clock at night and everyone's already in bed? Wow.

I finish the rest of my food in the kitchen and go up to my room to shower and get ready for bed.

There's a little gift bag sitting on my window sill. It's pink and has the logo of the store I work at on it.

I don't remember buying anything in the past few days from my job.

I open the bag and there's a note left in there.

You said she would love it so I hope you love it too. It was great seeing you. Love, Dad

_____________________________________________

Since the 1st book of this series is ending, I wanted to end it great and it will!

Do you really think it's her dad?

COMMENT BELOW!!!!