Chapter 10

Shay POV
1 Week Later. BBQ Day

"Imma beat yo ass if you don't hurry up and separate those collard green leaves" I said to Alisha while trying to put the homemade Mac'N'Cheese in the oven.

She was too busy twerking to our stereo surround sound system that I turned on earlier. "Man Of The Year" was on.

"I am nigga!" She said at the sink.

It was just me, Alisha, Zechariah and Zechariah's boo aka Jordan. They was on the couch touching on each other and cupcaking.

It was about 12 o'clock and we needed to start getting the food ready.

I had on a bright pattern colored sundress, barefoot and my thick hair in a bun with my curly baby hair brushed into perfection. Barely any makeup on but of course, lip gloss.

Alisha with her fine chocolate ass, got on a grey shin length, slightly tighter dress that shows her curvy body. Black combat boots on, with her hair in classy long curls. She didn't need makeup, she was a beautiful black woman.

Zechariah has on Hollister capris with a plaid long sleeve tied around his waist with shades in the hem of his white L.A. shirt.

Jordan had on blue cuffed jeans that were slightly tight, with a tight grey shirt, he had thick muscles too. He was looking cute with Zechariah on his lap.

I got done putting the cans of yams on the counter with the bag of marshmallows.

I started making potato salad while the song changed to Fetty Wap-Trap Queen.

"Ohhhh shitttt!!" We all said while laughing.

We all sang the words as we cooked and twerked.

Jordan set up the BBQ outside at about 1.

People started to come... Some college friends and people that we've met over the years came, some just stopped by.

It was almost 4 and Carter still wasn't here... I was trying to let it not bother me because he said he would come. I heard a knock at the door.

Since I'm in the kitchen and everybody is mainly in the backyard, I got the door.

I answer it to see Ky.... I look around him and there's no Carter.

"Hey bro" I say as I hug him.

Ky and I have gotten kind of close since he's always been around because of Alisha. He's been here every single day this week. He's a very cool, nice and chill guy to be honest.

"Hey sis" he said during our hug.

"A's in the back" I said to him as we separated as I closed the door.

"Ight" he said as he made his way to the backyard.

We ate while everybody had a good time outside. It was good vibes and joking around with our friends. But for some stupid reason, my mind keeps going back to Carter....

Ky POV

I ain't gonna lie, for some reason I like Alisha's crazyass around me. I don't know why. We just friends with benefits and that's the way I like it... I would've cut her off a long time ago if she wasn't so chill about it.

She ain't attached to me like that. She's fine with what we agreed on.... aka to be FWB.

Shay is my little sis man. We have gotten to know eachother a lot because I'm here all the time anyway.

I was in the backyard with Alisha next to me. Everybody was talking while having a good time.

I see Alisha look inside the house at Shay who was leaned against the counter in the kitchen with a glass of champagne in her hand. It was easily noticeable to tell that something was wrong or she had something on her mind.