Chapter 38

I'm so sorry I didn't update yesterday y'all 😩. I was in the hospital because I had a huge asthma attack. I REALLY wanted to update but I fell asleep when I got back from the hospital.... My throat and chest still hurts BUT I still want to update for you guys because I love y'all <3. Hope you guys understand :/

Comment! Y'all know I love y'all comments :).

Carter POV

"I wan... wanna go.... h....home" she barely whispered while silently crying as I held my head next to hers on the pillow while holding her hand and head very carefully.

I tried to stop my tears.... but like usual, it wasn't working.

She barely was able to breath out for a second as she whispered in pain before she started crying again.

"Baby I'm so.... Sorry" I cried in severe regret and sympathy as I gently and softly wiped her tears off of her swollen and bruised face.

I lifted my face up and wiped my heavy tears briefly with the hand I had cautiously placed on her fragile head.... I placed it back to comfort her as she continued to silently cry.

I than gently, softly and carefully kissed her swollen cheek.... I don't think I have ever tried my hardest to touch something so gently before.

"I love you so.... Much" I said sadly as I lifted my lips from her fragile, delicate skin.

Tears continued to run down my face as I slowly pressed the button on the side of her bed to get the nurses in here.

They quickly came in and began evaluating, praising and working on Shay.

She was in so much pain and so tired from saying those couple of words to me that she had to tap her finger, tiredly and slowly, once for "no" and twice for "yes" to communicate with them.

I held her other hand and stood at her bedside during the whole process.... I'm never gonna leave her side ever again.

As the surgeons and medical staff performed multiple procedures, I looked down at the situation.

My baby was gonna be okay... 😌

Alisha POV

I cried outside for a little while about this whole Ky situation... I needed time to myself since Shay wasn't here for me to be with or talk to.

I felt so alone without her...

I was about to go on a walk around the neighborhood, just before I got a call from sobbing Carter telling me that Shay was conscious and was talking to him.

I ran upstairs crying even harder before telling everybody in the apartment.

I dropped to my knees, along with everybody else and began praising, crying and thanking God.

We all immediately went to the hospital.

People were standing outside of her hospital room when I ran through the bright light lobby.

It felt like it was happening in slow motion and everything was quiet except the buzzing of the long light bulbs in the ceiling that lit up the white hospital hallways and the tile floors.

I got to her room that was in the middle of the hall, next to the nursing station.

It was almost automatically my turn to see her so I slowly pushed down the thick, cold silver bar before I lightly pushed the door open... Bracing myself for what was going to occur in a couple of seconds.

She was laying there.

Her face was still swollen and her body was still very badly beaten.

"My honeybun is awake?" I softly spoke to my bestfriend as I smiled after closing the door quietly behind me while slowly walking over to her.