Chapter 43

Make sure y'all comment. I love when my boo's comment. This is Part 1 of the last chapter :)

Homecoming Part 1

Carter POV
*Next Day 10 a.m.*

I was in the happiest place of my entire life...

It was like I could finally breath again.

We got so much off of our chests last night. All the built up emotion, anger and pain was released.

We went to sleep at about 4:30 a.m. last night.

I feel like everything will be right back to normal and routine like how our relationship always was.... Except this time...

We were us.

I wasn't taking care of myself or my cut up hand the way I should have when I was trying to get Shay back so I guess I could say I was 'bouncing back'.

I was healing...

And I wasn't talking about my hand.

I'm talking about emotionally, physically and spiritually.

I couldn't say I didn't realize what I had until she was gone because I knew exactly what I had.

It's safe to say I was being insecure and mad at the wrong person... I was acting irrationally.

Of course I never forgot but Shay quickly reminded me of how and why I fell SO deeply in love with her in the first place.

She was everything to me.

My bestfriend.

My go to.

My cuddle buddy.

My 2 a.m. kick at night.

My person.

And now she's officially my lover.

... She sees something in me that other people don't.

... She sees the good in me that people don't realize that I do.

... She has evaluated and thoroughly examined who I really am with every small detail and NOBODY else has ever tried to do that.

I didn't really ever think I would be in this position in my life... Ever... With anybody but look at me now.

I also accepted the fact that I might not be a father... because if I have Shay than I know for a fact that everything will be okay for me.

I was also leaving the only lifestyle I have ever known, to live a better life with the woman I've been in love with for over a year....

I don't know about y'all but that sounds like a pretty damn good lifestyle.

I smile to myself at the thought.

I am going to have to do something job wise.

I personally think that I will remain to have some kind of "safe", innocent and not dangerous type of connection with my set, that will keep my money coming to me on the side but let's not get it twisted, I'm still going to get a REAL legal job.

I can't go from a millionaire to a 9-5 salary for the rest of my life.

I will have to talk to my baby about it though to see how she feels about it.

She was actually really my baby now 😌

I would always call her my baby because she always was... But now she was really my baby.