Chapter 39

Feel free to comment anything y'all. I absolutely love reading them and they motivate me :). And thank EVERYONE for constantly showing love. Love y'all! 💜

Alisha POV

I was currently sitting in the hospital with Shay at about 9 in the morning right now.... I'm always here when I'm not working. And even when I am working, I'm constantly calling to check on her and I'm here on my break.

Right now we were just watching TV, or she was just listening to it as I sat next to her bed in the chair.

The curtains were mainly closed but the room was still slightly lit up.

The movie continued to play when I seen her slowly pull the arm that wasn't broken, up to her face.

She started softly crying.

"Hey... Heyyy." I said with a soft voice getting closer to her head.

"What's wrong?" I asked soothing her with my hand carefully on her arm, making sure not to trigger anymore pain from the bruises that covered her.

She continued to quietly cry "Why... D-did.... this ha... happen to me...." She said inbetween careful and slow breaths.

I tried to remove the lump growing in my throat but it wouldn't go away as my eyes began to sting.

"Everything happens for a reason" I said softly to her as I stood up and wrapped my arms carefully and loosely around my sister's fragile body as she cried....

Derek POV

I stared over at my baby sister's beaten, abused face and body as she laid on the wide hospital bed.

How could this happen to her.... Again.

I look down for a second before I gently place my hand on the side of her bed.... On the white sheets.

Her bed was extra wide for all the tubes, cords, bandages and many other different special medical procedure protocol.

I stressfully breath out.

.... I wish I hadn't have asked her to get my son's medicine from my office 😔

I stayed back from my business trip to be with my sister.... I don't give a fuck about work right now.

My job was a crime scene.

Literally.

Yellow tape, FBI agents, cop cars... Everything.

Seeing pictures of my little sister's blood all over the place REALLY bothered me.

She has always been my bestfriend from when she was first born, all the way to this very second.

When I told our dad about what happened to her... He broke down.

Knowing how broken he made their relationship before all of this happened, hurt him as a man.... But most importantly as a father.

He tried to come to her room but since he wasn't on the emergency contact list and I didn't allow him to come in there, he couldn't.

I had to make the decision of who was able to see her and he wasn't going to come near here because of many reasons... The top two were because Shay would be mad at me for a long time if I let that happen and it would just be adding more to the list of things she had to deal with already and I wasn't going to add even more on my baby sister.

Speaking of things for her to deal with...

I would be lying if I said that I wasn't infuriated with Carter for being mad at her... but when I seen him in person, my views changed because I realized some things.