Chapter I.

Jungkook couldn't help it. He knew it was creepy, stalkerish even but –

Even as he typed 'Park Jimin' into the search bar and hovered over the search button for a moment before clicking it, he couldn't help it. Jungkook blinked slowly as he stared at the screen and to his disappointment, he couldn't find anything in the database that tracked the movements of every Omega born in the world. It was a legal system in place to make sure that nothing illegal was happening with the only class of their species that could properly breed. The population had been on a steady decline for awhile as fewer and fewer Omegas were content with just being homemakers or baby factories. Even though it was a law that all Omegas had to be mated by eighteen and pregnant within the first two years, it was still a system that never quite sat well with him. Sure, he was an Alpha but just the idea of forcing someone into such a life, it felt fucking awful. It was a major reason he wasn't even remotely upset that the Omega he'd been arranged to marry had run off. Jungkook couldn't bare to spend his life with someone he might not even like. All he did was hope and pray that the other found happiness wherever he ended up. Of course, his parents had been livid, but Jungkook just smiled in relief. Especially now because he might have found the one. Something about the shy Omega he met at the café just felt different, right even. Jungkook sighed, sitting back in his chair as he folded his arms behind his head and looked out the window at his view of the city. It had been difficult not to just go to that dance studio and take the first step, but he could tell Jimin was weary of him. Most likely weary of all Alphas. Lowering his eyes, his first task would be to earn Jimin's trust. He chewed on his bottom lip in thought as he glanced at the time. It was after five, he wondered if the other was still at the dance studio.

Had he eaten yet? Could that be his way in? Jungkook lowered his arms and slumped onto his desk, gently smacking his forehead against it as he felt his Alpha screaming at him to go over and over. Finally resolving himself, before he knew it, he'd ended up at the studio, holding a bag with food and staring at the lights that were still on inside. He could even hear the faint thumps of music. 'Good, still here.' The thought echoed in his head, and he cleared his throat, held his head high and made his way up the steps. Why did each step feel so heavy? Once he reached the top, he stopped just outside the door, and he suddenly felt his heart starting to pound a little too hard for his liking. Visibly gulping, he reached for the doorknob, trying to figure out why he was so nervous. Perhaps the idea of being rejected had scared him more than he thought. 'JUST GO!' His inner Alpha shouted at him, and he squeezed the handle as he opened the door and went inside, stepping into the light and wincing a little at the sudden brightness. When his eyes adjusted, they were greeted with a sight that left him stunned. A delicate flick of a hand as that slender, muscular body moved about with such grace and beauty, his fingers loosened their hold around the bag of food. His lips slightly parted and eyes wide as he took in the expression on Jimin's face. Watching each movement, the spins and way he moved with such ease, Jungkook felt like he was stealing a look at something he shouldn't see. The beads of sweat that flicked off Jimin's skin with certain movements, his scent was thick in the small space and once it hit Jungkook, it snapped him out of his daze. Realizing that his Alpha was banging around very wildly inside of him, almost painfully so. He willed the annoying beast to calm the fuck down before it made them both do something they regretted. It seemed Jimin finally noticed his presence via the mirror as he stumbled out of a step and spun around to look at the other wide eyes. The two of them stuck staring as Jungkook froze like a deer in headlights. The moment was suffocating for him, unable to read Jimin and the other's scent was so thick now due to his exertion that it felt impossible to read him through that either. Jungkook decided to speak first but Jimin suddenly turned and walked over to the speaker, turning it off as he reached for the towel hanging on the back of the chair. Keeping his back to Jungkook, which surprised him.