Chapter XII.

The resounding echo of claps always made Jimin's heart race.

Finishing that last step, falling into his final stance, and trying to catch his breath while still showing off perfect lines – it was this feeling that Jimin lived for. The realization that he'd finally made his dream a reality. He did it. As the people in the crowd stood up, whispering, clapping, and yelling out praise, Jimin slowly opened his eyes as the spotlight blinded him for a moment and then he relaxed his body. Putting on a pretty smile as he bowed several times in each direction and mouthed 'thank you' over and over to the crowd's applause. Turning to take his leave off the stage as he was greeted by Hoseok and his fellow dancers, and it was a time to celebrate. Hoseok wanted to treat everyone to drinks but Jimin was far too tired to go out. Wishing everyone to have a nice time, Jimin got changed into his casual clothing and went out the back EXIT where Jungkook was waiting for him. The Alpha was dressed nicely in his suit, hair styled and subtle makeup bringing out his features but the most noticeable thing for Jimin was the large bouquet of white and red roses that Jungkook was holding out towards him. Jimin couldn't help the blush as he took the bouquet, gratefully accepting a few kisses from Jungkook. The Alpha smelt as good as he looked and feeling Jungkook's arm around his waist, guiding him to the parking lot, he couldn't help but bury his face in the roses.

"Mm. They smell amazing Jungkook." Jimin mumbled happily.

"I'm glad you like them. You did amazingly tonight Jimin. I couldn't take my eyes off you for even a second." Jungkook said, smiling down at him.

"A – Ah, well, thank you. I messed up a few times but overall, I am happy with my performance." Jimin said, meeting Jungkook's gaze.

"You messed up? Where?" Jungkook asked, looking shocked much to Jimin's amusement.

"My timing was off in a few places." Jimin said.

"I didn't even notice." Jungkook said.

"That's a good thing." Jimin said, looking back down at the roses, smiling.

"Are you hungry?" Jungkook asked as they reached his car, one of the few still in the parking lot.

"A little but I really just want to go home." Jimin said.

"Okay. I will cook something – "

"Jungkook?" An unfamiliar voice interrupted their conversation.

Jimin could feel Jungkook's arm around him tense and he turned his head back to see the owner of the voice. A pretty young woman was standing there, she looked about their age. Her hair was black, long and seemed to flow about her curvy frame. She was dressed in a sparkled, skintight black dress and looked more than happy to see Jungkook. Jungkook closed his eyes, taking a breath before he slipped his arm from around Jimin, much to his dislike, and turned to face the unknown woman.

"Ara? What are you doing here?" Jungkook asked.

Ara gave him an innocent blink before she curved her red lips into a smile.

"I was here to see the show obviously." Ara said, giving Jimin a side glance as she forced her smile bigger. "Your performance was stellar. I've never seen someone, especially a guy, dance so prettily."

Jimin offered a small smile, bowing his head.

"Thank you." Jimin said.

"So, what are you two doing together? I didn't realize you knew any classical dancers Jungkookie." Ara said, placing a hand to her chin in thought.

"I don't think its any of your business Ara, we were just about to leave so – "

"Oh! Come on! Don't be so cold. I haven't seen you since that night. Don't you want to catch up?" Ara asked, a devilish glint in her eyes.