Chapter VIII.

Despite his initial reservations, Jimin ended up having a wonderful time with Jungkook's parents.

It was a new experience to do family activities, but he liked it, a lot. By the end of it, Jimin was reluctant to leave but felt excited when he was able to exchange numbers with the Jeons. Not that he expected to have full blown conversations with them but to know they were there, meant a lot to him. On the drive back into the city, Jimin was admiring the scenery outside of his window. It felt a little warm to him even though the heat wasn't on in the car and his throat was starting to burn with a subtle ache every time he swallowed. Jungkook must have noticed because he soon felt the brush of his Alpha's fingers against his cheek. Jimin blinked and turned his gaze onto the worried Jungkook.

"Hey, you feeling, okay?" Jungkook asked.

"I feel fine, why?" Jimin asked, seeing Jungkook return his attention to the traffic light once it changed.

"You look a little pale and feel warm." Jungkook said.

"Well, I am always pale." Jimin reminded as Jungkook couldn't help the small smile and chuckle, " – and always warm?"

Jimin blushed a little, spreading the already obvious flush of his cheeks as he turned his gaze forward on the road.

"Not like that." Jimin said.

"Not like what?" Jungkook teased as Jimin crossed his arms and closed his eyes, not amused with his boyfriend in the slightest.

"Alright, alright. I'll behave." Jungkook said as he turned the steering wheel with ease before he side glanced at Jimin and then back to the road. "But seriously, you really feel, okay?"

"I'm fine Jungkook, if anything I just caught a cold or something." Jimin said as he sighed and then looked at the other with a small smile.

"Mm. Well make sure to tell me if you feel worse, promise?" Jungkook said.

"Promise." Jimin answered, feeling a flutter in his chest but assuming it was only because of Jungkook's sweetness and not because anything was wrong.

It was unfortunate that Jimin was in fact wrong in this situation. A few days later, after returning to the dance studio, Jimin felt his entire world flipped upside down. Jimin had been dancing per usual, putting in the same effort, the same intensity as he always did but for some reason his body ached more than usual, his skin felt extremely damp with sweat and between a pounding headache and dizzy spells after certain movements, he was starting to wonder if something more was going on. Just as they came up on the end of the routine, Jimin's movements started to become uncoordinated and wild. Before Jimin realized it, the room was spinning and then he felt darkness followed by extreme paid as his body hit the floor. He could faintly hear Hoseok's voice screaming his name and the others crowding around him with worried whispers, but it all faded into darkness just as he did.

Jungkook came running through the glass double doors to the hospital lobby entrance. He'd received a call from a frantic Hoseok during a meeting and just left without a second thought. Trusting his assistant and staff to handle the fallout because Jimin was much more important to him right now. Looking frantic as he slammed his hands on the desk, looking wild and startling the young Beta sitting there.

"C – Can I help you – "

"Park Jimin!? Where is he!? He was brought in by ambulance!" Jungkook shouted at her unintentionally, it just felt like his heart was racing and would burst out of his chest any moment.

"Ah yes, Mr. Park is – "

"Jungkook!?" Hoseok's voice cut in and Jungkook looked at his Hyung before running over to him, the young receptionist forgotten.