Chapter VII.

Jungkook felt a small sense of panic. Okay. A lot of panic.

He hadn't been able to reach Jimin all day, which was unusual. Leaving Jimin at home to recover from his heat might not have been the smartest move on his part but it couldn't have been helped. Jungkook had never hated traffic lights so much as he did today. Rushing home after his last meeting, he wasn't sure what to expect but what he didn't expect was to hear laughter as he approached his front door. That was weird, why would Jimin be laughing and why did that other laugh sound of familiar. Jungkook swiped his keycard as the door beeped and then he pushed it open and stepped inside. What he happened upon caused him to still. Jungkook's eyes widened as he saw Jimin, wrapped up in a blanket and smiling as he looked down at a very familiar someone's phone.

"Tae!?" Jungkook shouted, startling both Jimin and Taehyung as their heads whipped up to see the Alpha.

"Junggukie!" Taehyung said, waving at the other.

"Don't Junggukie me! What the hell are you doing here!?" Jungkook asked as he walked toward them, and Taehyung blinked innocently.

"I warned you." Taehyung said.

"Warned me?" Jungkook asked, frowning down at the other.

"If you ghosted me, I would be coming over. I am a man of my word." Taehyung said as he smirked knowingly. "How was I supposed to know you were hiding away such a beauty."

Jungkook went rigid as he saw Jimin look down shyly and even blush. The jealousy rose up inside of him immediately as both his Alpha and he were prepared to skin Taehyung alive.

"I wasn't ghosting you!" Jungkook said, huffing and crossing his arms.

"I know that now." Taehyung said with a roll of his eyes. "I am guessing Jiminie here is who you wanted me to meet?"

"Jiminie? You two are that familiar already?" Jungkook grumbled.

Jimin pulled the blanket tighter around him as he finally lifted his gaze to meet Jungkook's.

"Tae said nicknames were easier for him." Jimin said.

Jungkook couldn't help but instantly soften at the sound of Jimin's voice as he slid his gaze from Taehyung to Jimin. His face filled with worry.

"Are you okay though? You just came out of your heat." Jungkook said.

Jimin nodded as he smiled.

"I feel okay, just sore but I've dealt with worse." Jimin said as Taehyung hummed in thought as he glanced between the two, stroking his chin.

"I see." Taehyung said.

Jimin and Jungkook both looked at him with mild confusion. Taehyung shifted to stand, stretching his arms above his head before he turned to face Jungkook.

"I'll head off then." Taehyung said.

"What?" Jungkook asked, actually taken back by Taehyung's abrupt departure. "You don't have to leave."

Taehyung chuckled and then winked at Jungkook.

"But I do, I have a certain kitty cat waiting for me." Taehyung said, Jimin blinked as Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"If he knew you were going around calling him that – "

"He'd beat my ass!" Taehyung announced happily.

"And Hobi – Hyung would let him." Jungkook said as Taehyung nodded and then turned to look down at Jimin.

"It was really nice meeting you Jiminie! We should hang out soon, I'd love to show you more embarrassing pics of our Junggukie!" Taehyung said as Jungkook's eyes widened, his face tinting red.