Chapter VI.

Jimin finally had a feeling that it was safe to let his guard down.

After his talk with Hoseok and Jungkook, he realized that he didn't have to hold his feelings in anymore. There were people around him that cared and wanted him to open up to them. It was a work in progress but with time, Jimin felt like he could get to a point where it was easier said than done. Jimin had a lot to work on he felt like. Allowing his self-imposed bitterness to influence him so much had really stunted his ability to form social bonds and do the simplest of things – communicate. Thank goodness Jungkook was the most patient man he'd ever met in his life. The Alpha was so understanding, caring and thoughtful that at times he didn't feel real to Jimin. Jimin sighed as he was staring in his planner harder than probably necessary, but it was enough to provoke Hoseok to investigate.

"Everything okay Jiminie – ah?" Hoseok asked, waving off some of the other dancers as he approached the Omega.

Jimin looked up and at the other as he wore a pouty frown that Hoseok honestly just found far too adorable for its own good. Jimin closed the planner and went to tuck it into his bag as he looked into his locker and the slight distress in his restrained scent worried Hoseok.

"I – well, I need to take leave." Jimin mumbled, almost sounding ashamed.

Hoseok blinked as he tilted his head, looking confused.

"I mean that is fine, but should I be worried?" Hoseok asked.

Jimin lowered his eyes as he shook his head. Stepping back as he gently closed the locker and then went to lock it as he turned to face the other. Grabbing onto the strap of his bag and keeping his gaze averted, Jimin pursed his lips into more of a pout before speaking.

"...my heat is coming." Jimin mumbled.

Hoseok's eyes widened as he stared at Jimin and then he physically relaxed as he placed his hands on his hips as he let out a chuckle.

"Is that all? You had me scared Jimin!" Hoseok whined, "Of course you can have leave for your heat! Don't worry about that, it is in your contract."

Jimin frowned. He knew that but it didn't make it any better. Jimin would be forced to miss an entire week of practice and fall behind. Being the only Omega in the group, it wasn't like they could halt things just for him. To be honest, Jimin didn't want them to. Everyone was working hard, and he didn't want to block or stop their progress. Jimin felt a hand on his shoulder as he looked up to see Hoseok's warm smile and he couldn't help but relax a little.

"It is an important and natural function. Don't make that face. I will catch you up in no time." Hoseok said as he winked at the other.

Jimin blinked and then lowered his eyes as he smiled a little, nodding. That was right. It wasn't like before. Jimin had help, friends.

"– guk gonna help you?" Hoseok's voice came through his thoughts and Jimin's eyes widened as he tensed up once more.

"W – What?" Jimin stuttered out.

"I said, is Guk gonna help you? You know, get through your heat." Hoseok asked as if that was the expected thing.

Jimin's face flushed red as he shook his head.

"I – uh – I don't know. I haven't mentioned it to him – and besides, I don't know if he would want to!" Jimin said, panic lacing his voice.

"Oh. He definitely will want to help you." Hoseok said with a knowing smirk.

Jimin glanced down. The thought hadn't crossed his mind since he normally spent his heats alone. It was always painful and difficult, but he did it. The idea of having an Alpha help him, his Alpha, sent a chill down his spine and made him shift on his feet.