Chapter V.

Was it really, okay?

That was a question that Jimin found himself asking often. Things seemed to be going so well that it was honestly terrifying. After so many years of struggle and having to fight for his right to live his life how he wanted, it was surreal for things to fall into place so perfectly. Jimin felt himself becoming paranoid, expecting the worst at any time. Jimin let out another sigh as he stared at the television, trying to pay attention to the movie he was watching with Jungkook but at this point it was impossible. All he could do was pray that Jungkook didn't ask him anything about the movie. Feeling the other shift, Jimin looked down at the blonde, his head resting on a pillow that was on Jimin's lap. Jungkook's half lidded gaze intently watching the television. Jimin returned his gaze to the movie and couldn't help but let his fingers start to thread through Jungkook's blonde locks, more to soothe himself than the Alpha. When Jungkook let out a laugh and made a comment about a scene, Jimin tried to pay attention a little more just in case. By the time he started to get into the movie finally, it was over. Jungkook sat up, stretching his arms as he let out a yawn.

"Wow, I forgot how long that movie was!" Jungkook said with a soft chuckle and let his arms drop as he looked at Jimin.

Jimin offered a small smile.

"It seemed like it was over so quickly to me." Jimin said, leaving out that he got invested in the last thirty minutes.

"Oh? I thought you weren't enjoying it." Jungkook said.

Jimin tensed, his eyes wide like a deer caught in headlights as he stared at Jungkook. His expression must have surprised, and tickled Jungkook since the Alpha laughed a bit.

"Don't look like that Hyung, it's okay really! We can watch something you like next time – "

"I – I liked it!" Jimin blurted out, blushing as he looked down immediately after.

Jungkook blinked before he rested against the back of the couch, crossing his legs as he eyed Jimin.

"Everything okay Hyung?" Jungkook asked, a hint of worry in his voice that made Jimin feel so guilty.

Jimin frowned, picking at the fabric of the pillow. It was stupid. He was going to make things worse for no reason, all because his mind couldn't fathom or accept that all of this was real. Feeling fingers brush under his chin and gently lift his head, Jimin met Jungkook's concerned gaze.

"Jimin?" Jungkook spoke softly.

"It's nothing really, just – "Jimin paused, glancing to the side.

"You can tell me. I want you to share your worries or really anything with me. I'm here for you." Jungkook said as he scooted closer, closing the gap between them.

Jimin didn't want to admit that he was making a big deal out of literally nothing, so he decided to take the dishonest route to spare Jungkook growing even more concerned over him.

"Just a lot on my mind, about the upcoming show." Jimin said, averting his gaze to avoid lying to Jungkook's face.

"Aw, Hyung! Don't worry about that! You are going to kill it!" Jungkook said with a sigh of relief as he leaned in and peppered a few kisses all over Jimin's face as he accepted them.

"I hope so." Jimin mumbled.

"I know so. You have been working your butt off with Hobi – Hyung. I am really looking forward to seeing you dance again." Jungkook said as he shifted to get up and Jimin wouldn't deny he felt the loss of his warmth immediately.

"Mm." Jimin answered, watching as Jungkook disappeared into the back and he brought the pillow to his face.

Smacking his face lightly into the pillow as he cursed at himself internally. He really needed to get over this as soon as possible. Tossing the pillow on the couch, Jimin went to get up when he noticed Jungkook's phone lighting up on the coffee table. Jimin glanced toward the back, knowing that Jungkook might have an important work call coming through. As he reached for the phone, the call ended and Jimin heard the ding of a text come through. Then another and another and the curiosity that swelled up inside of him was becoming an irritating itch in the back of his mind. He shouldn't. There was no need to look at Jungkook's phone but still, he found himself picking it up and looking down at the screen. Watching as it lit back up and gave a preview of the text messages from someone named 'Tae – Hyung' with the crazy face emoji at the end. Looking at the text, Jimin's brows furrowed. All the text where this Tae person fussing at Jungkook for ignoring him and not answering but that was all he could see.