chapter 2

Grief is a funny thing, all you do is think about what you could have done to stop the accident or blame yourself for not being able to help them out of the car when they were unconscious. There were times I wished I was the one that died instead of my parents.

The next day, Ash woke up to the sound of her alarm clock going off at one o’clock in the morning. Ash moaned as she slowly hit the snooze button on her alarm clock while slowly opening her eyes to see that one of her windows was open and she could not remember if she had opened her window or not.

“Mmmm, I have to get ready for school.” Ash said as she got up from her bed.

Ash yawned as she slowly crawled out of bed and walked over to her wardrobe to grab some clothes. She quickly pulled out a small, light blue dress with white polka dots, a blue towel and a cross necklace along with a cross bracelet. Ash then walked out of her room while closing the door behind her with the items that she grabbed from her wardrobe and quickly walked down the hallway. She went two doors down and walked into what appeared to be a bathroom with a bath shower. 

“Right, get a grip Ash. Today is going to be a new start.” Ash said to herself as she put her things down onto the toilet seat that was closed.

Ash sighed as she turned the faucet on while turning the knob so she would have the proper temperature for the water and she quickly got into the shower while closing the curtain at the same time. 

Twelve minutes later, Ash turned off the faucet while moving the curtain to the side and grabbed her towel quickly. She quickly dried herself off with the towel, she Instantly  put the dress on once she was completely dried  and she walked back into her room to see that her window was closed. Ash quickly ran over to the window in fear as she realized that someone may have been in her house and she quickly locked all the windows in her house. Once Ash was satisfied that everything was all locked up in her house, she continued to get ready for the day and she quickly put her jewelry on. Her necklace  gleamed with the safire sitting in the middle of her cross necklace and the Ruby’s stone that sat in the middle of all the crosses on her charm bracelet that sat on her right wrist. Once Ash was finished with getting dressed for the day, she grabbed her backpack and keys as she quickly went out the front door while shutting the door behind her. She quickly locked both locks on her door and turned around but quickly jumped in surprise as she saw the man that was following home from the other night standing in front of her.

Ash said in surprise, “Oh, geases man. You scared the hell out of me.”

The man said as he crossed his arms, “It is still dark out.”

Ash said with confusion, “Yea, it's morning and I have to go to school.”

The man's eyebrow arched as he repeated, “School, at this time of day.”

Ash asked, “I’m sorry, who are you and why is this your business?”

The man sighed in frustration as he replied while pitching the bridge of his nose with his fingers, “My name Jake, who are you?”

“Nice to meet you Jake, my name is Ash. I just moved here yesterday…I um…Do… um…Do you go to school?” Ash said nervously.

Jake unfolded his arms as he said “I go to Limetta.”

Ash said in surprise, “Oh wow, same school as me.”

Jake said in surprise, “Wait, you are going to Limetta? A human?”

“Look pal as much as I like talking to you, I have to get going or else I will be late.” Ash said as she walked around Jake.

Jake yelled as he stood still, “Whatever you do, don't bleed. They can smell blood a mile away.”