chapter 6

I remember my parents gave me some black subsistence that tasted almost like a metallic liquid but to this day I still don't know what it was that they gave me from ages two to seven but after they gave me that shot, I never drank that stuff again. 

The next day, Ash woke up to the sound of arguing in the next room and she sat up in confusion as she slowly wiped away the exhaustion in her eyes.

Jake yelled in anger, “You have to eat or else you will die Tie. I don’t care if it is human blood, I am not losing you like we lost our parents!”

Tie quickly yelled back, “Shhh, Ash might hear us.”

“I don’t care at this point Tie, you haven’t eaten for a year and one way or another you are going to drink human blood.” Jake said in anger.

Ash quickly layed back down in bed as she closed her eyes and acted like she was still asleep as Tie walked into his room in a hurry but he didn’t stay long. Jale quickly went down the stairs, slamming the door behind him in anger and once Ash knew he was gone she got up from the bed while opening her eyes back up. She quickly went into Tie's room to make sure he was doing alright and was surprised to see his hands holding his head as he sat on the edge of his bed in frustration.

Ash asked, “Are you alright?”

Tie quickly looked up at Ash in surprise as he replied, “Yeah, I just need a minute to think. You should stay away from me right now.”

Ash asked, “What are you exactly?”

A confused and scared expression came across Tie's face as he replied, “I don’t know what you mean.”

Ash sighed as she said “You, your brother and almost everyone else in this town either call me new blood or human and I overheard your conversation about drinking blood. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that there is something going on here.”

“It's that obvious?” Tie asked in surprise.

Ash smiled as she replied, “My parents are better at hiding things from me than you are.”

Suddenly, Jake came into the room and asked, “What are you doing in here?”

Ash quickly turned to face Jake as Tie replied, “She heard our conversation Jake. Should we just go on ahead and tell her.”

Jake instantly said, “No, Jimmy is here to pick you up now, get out of our home.”

Ash sighed as she said before leaving, “If you need anything, I live ten blocks from Jake’s school and three blocks from the RTD bus stop.”

She then instantly walked out of Tie’s room and into Jake's room to see that there was a servant waiting for her silently. Ash followed the servant in silence down to the front door to see Jimmy waiting at the bottom of the stairs for her.

Once she reached the bottom of the stairs, Jimmy took her hand and said, “Come on, let's get you home before Jake loses his temper.”

One hour later, they reached Ash’s house and quickly went inside silently. Jimmy quickly shut the door behind him as he saw Ash walk into the kitchen and sit in one of the chairs silently as she thought about what just happened to her.

Jimmy quickly walked into the kitchen and sat across from her as he asked, “I assume you have some questions for me?”

“Are you like Jake and his brother?” Ash asked as she looked into his now golden eyes.

Jimmy asked, “Replied, I don’t know what they told you Ash and I don’t want to get them involved in what I am about to tell you.”

Ash took a sharp breath as she said “Alright, I am listening.”