Nara Shikamaru

Shikamaru's POV

"What are you doing here at this hour?" I asked the girl I found near the gate of Konoha Village. I'm on duty tonight. She looked in my way, then she sigh.

"You really came in a bad timing, young man. I was just taking a night walk to calm my nerve before crashing to my cousin's house. You wouldn't mind, right?" it's dark here so I couldn't really see her, but her voice is so angelic.

"No, not really but why here though? Seems suspicious to me. Mind telling me your name Miss? And who's cousin are you?"

"Oh, I'm Uzumaki Y/n. Naruto's cousin." she walk towards me. The light from the lamp post showered to her appearance. She has a red curly hair, round eyes and chubby cheeks. But she has a same body as Hinata.

"Oh, Naruto's. You know, a friendly advice. Don't come near the entrance of Konoha at this hour, it is really dangerous."

"Ohh really?"

"Yes, you should go home now. Naruto might be looking for you."

"Hmm... okay!" she sigh.

"Nice meeting you, pretty boy!" she winks before running back to Naruto's house.

"Pretty boy, huh!" I sigh as I continue my patrol.

†††††

"That's all, Hokage -sama!" I say as I report back to Lady Tsunade, the current Hokage.

"Okay, good work, Shikamaru. I see you already have meet Y/n. What do you think of her?"

"Y/n?" I asked confused.

"Naruto's cousin, remember?"

"Oh, I think she's fine but a bit like Naruto. Why is she here though?"

"I might as well tell you, she's been under the care of the third Hokage since she was a child. But was hidden by the third Hokage to protect her from Akatsuki."

"Akatsuki want her?"

"She has a special chakra, a different one from Naruto. An ability to manipulate time. And it's dangerous if taken by Akatsuki. It's not really necessary to protect her but she might need help in the future so watch her for me, is that okay?"

"Yes, Lady Tsunade."

"You can go now."

Y/n's POV

"I'm really hungry, let's buy food right now, Naruto! I'll cook for us! Come on, lazy ass! Wake up!" I say as I drag Naruto out of his futon, I slept at his bed and he slept on the futon on the floor.

"Y/n, 5 minutes more! My alarm clock haven't ring yet!"

"Because I turn it off last night, come on. Let's go buy food for breakfast. I can't let you eat cup noodles for the rest of your life. Get your lazy ass up right now or else I will throw all of your things outside your room, you choose!" Naruto didn't budge a little.

"Naruto! Come on, aren't you feel sorry for your cute cousin? I'm hungry, really." I sit on the floor. He didn't move at all.

"I'm telling this to Lady Tsunade! Hmp!" I stamp my feet across the room, towards the door.

"Wait, Y/n. I'm up, I'm up. Just give me a minute!"

Hmp! So weak! And lazy!

"I'm waiting outside. 2 minutes more or I'm telling this to Lady Tsunade!" I march out of the room.

I went to the kitchen to see what can I use and what should I buy later. Last night after a late night walk, I came home and Naruto made me ate cup noodles for Pete's sake.
And I'm telling you, guys. It's not really enough for me. I woke up at the middle of the night because my tummy growl. Yes, I was hungry. So, I'm not going to let him feed me cup noodles again. I have enough savings though. Enough for the next three years and it is enough for the two of us.