Chapter XII: "Remembrance"

I spent the remaining school days doing my best to make him happy. The school year had already ended. I only have one chance to see him again, at the release of report cards. I patiently waited for that day. I busied myself doing sports like cycling, badminton and swimming. The day had finally come. I went to school with my sister to get my report card. We were at the lobby of the school where teachers were releasing the report cards when I heard someone call my name. “Aubrey! Aubrey!” I looked at the direction from where the voice was coming from. I was Sir James! I walked towards him and said “Sir?” “Have you gotten your report card?” he asked me. “Not yet sir.” I responded to him. He nodded at me. I walked towards my sister who was talking to my adviser. Some of my teachers know my sister for she is an alumna of the school. “Sir James! Sir James” called one of the teachers. “Yes ma’am?” he answered. “This is Michelle, Aubrey’s sister.” the teacher said as she introduced my sister to him. He smiled at my sister in response. My sister and the teachers were having a conversation when I heard my name being called again. “Aubrey!” I looked back and saw Sir James motioned his hand. He wants me to come to him. So, I left my sister with the teachers and went to him. “Yes?” I asked him. He took something from his box of report cards and gave it to me. It is a small item placed in a small green plastic with flowers.  I gave him a questioning look as I took it. “Remembrance.” he explained to me. He doesn’t really need to give me a remembrance. After all of those memories he had given me, I’m sure I won’t forget him. “Thank you!” I said to him with a smile in reply. I can feel my cheeks burn. “Yieee!” the teachers said in chorus when they saw us talking. My cheeks felt hotter, I was blushing.