Chapter XIII: Uncertainty

I spent my whole summer vacation thinking of him; wondering what he does. I was holding the cell phone strap he gave to me while praying to God not to let him quit the teaching field. The strap has my name on it which made it more special.

I was already in grade ten. I was on my way to our classroom when I decided to peek in the faculty room. On his desk was a woman in her thirties. Sir James is really gone. After that, I went to our classroom and waited for the classes to start. I kept on thinking about him. “Good morning! I am Edward E. Parker, I will be your Physics teacher and at the same time adviser for this school year. So, welcome to grade ten.” said the man who I didn’t realize enter our room. He was also our teacher last year so I was pretty familiar of him. Sir Parker is the faculty’s heart throb. Almost all of the female students in school like him, well except for me. Sir James is way better than him.

            I had been elected as the president of the class; which also meant spending time with our adviser talking about classroom matters. Others begun to envy me because it was their dream to be with him, even for once; I am always with him, almost every day. I know I still love Sir James but it seemed that I was also falling for him. I was a complete mess. I didn’t lose communication with Sir James; we even go on group dates when we have time. Why is this happening to me? I don’t know what to do.

            Due to all of these problems, I had forgotten the curse and found myself reading a book. The story was about a girl who got into a relationship with her crush.  I had read the quarter part of the book when I remembered the curse. “Damn! I am now in a bigger mess.” I said to myself as I put a marker in the book and closed it.

This was my situation for almost every day. Sir Parker will ask me to stay after class. We’ll talk about our classroom matters. He’ll ask me to help him on certain things. Sometimes he’ll ask me to come with him and unwind. I confess that I really liked what I was doing. And because of that, I was slowly discerning him which I think made me “fall for him”. I just wish thing will be clear to me soon.