Chapter IV: Mini Conversation

Our classes had already ended. I was walking towards the faculty room where I am to see Ms. Austin when Sir James’ face popped into my mind. “Stop it Aubrey! It is okay for him to be your crush, but to fall for him?” I stupidly said to myself. “I wish Ms. Austin has the answer.” I said in my mind. The library gave me no clue of its meaning. I was already at the door of the faculty room. I took one deep breath, knocked at the door and opened it. My eyes were searching for Ms. Austin when my eyes caught Sir James. “Good afternoon sir!” I said with my tongue stuttering over the words I say. “Are there any problems?” he asked me with a smile on his face. “Damn! He’s getting more charming each day. He makes my heart melt.” I thought to myself. “I am looking for Ms. Austin.” I said to him. Finally! Words came out of my mouth clearly. “She went out. If you want, you can stay here while you wait for her.” he said to me and offered me the chair at the front of his desk. I sat there and put my earphones on to entertain myself. I kept glancing his way, observing what he’s doing. He was writing in a cursive way; it can be easily understood by some. He caught me looking at him. “What?” he said while keeping the eye contact between us. I need an excuse, pronto! “Ah-uhm… I just forgot to say thank you a while ago. Thanks!” I said to him. “Try not to blush, try not to blush…” I kept saying in my mind as I wait for him to speak.  “Thank you? For what?” he asked me while he continued doing his work. “For being so kind.” I replied to him. Damn it Aubrey! Be specific. After he heard my response, he gave me a questioning look. “For offering me to stay here as I wait for Ms. Austin. For offering me a sit.” I continued. “Not a problem.” he gladly said with a smile. Not so long after our conversation, I saw Ms. Austin enter the room. I stood from the chair and whispered thank you to Sir James. He smiled at me and said “My pleasure.” God, he’s such a gentleman. My heart beat faster and faster as I walked towards Ms. Austin. When she saw me, she showed me the paper I gave her a while ago and said “I got the answer.