Chapter XIV: Birthday Serenade

It was my birthday, a week after I had read the book. I was lucky for nothing unusual happened to me. Last week was great actually; stress-free, problem-free and most especially, no incidences. It was already afternoon and all of the classes had ended. I was sitting on the bench, listening to music when someone started to sing in front of me. Not knowing who the person was, I ignored him. I was looking on the ground trying not to mind people around me when someone sat beside me and handed me a bouquet of roses. I looked at him; I even stared at him. It took my mind a very long time to recognize his face. It was Sir James.  I doubted my mind and looked at him again. IT REALLY IS SIR JAMES! “Happy Birthday!” he said to me. “Tha-thanks!” I said to him. Well, this was pretty awkward. My crush is giving me flowers on my birthday. I looked around to see who saw what happened a while ago. No one was around except for Sir James and Sir Parker. Sir Parker was smiling at me. He was holding a guitar. I guess he was the one strumming while Sir James was singing. Maybe Sir James asked Sir Parker to help him, they are very close; like brothers.  Now, everything became clear to me; Sir James is the one I really love, Sir Parker serves only as a big brother, a friend to me. “It is getting late. You should go home. Come on, I’ll escort you.” Sir James said to me while gathering all my belongings. We walked since it was rush hour and our house is within the vicinity of the school. “Are you free this Saturday night?” he asked me as we were walking along the streets. “I think so. Why?” I replied to him after a long silence. We were already at the front of our gate when he replied, “I was just wondering if we could go on a… You know, date.” he said to me shyly. “Deal!” I said to him with a big smile. Why do I need to be so hard to get? I waited for this opportunity for THREE YEARS. Besides, I do really love him. “Saturday, 8pm.” he reminded me. I can see the sparkle in his eyes. “Okay! Just send me an SMS.” I said to him as I waved him goodbye and entered our house. I was lying on my bed; the bliss of what happened earlier still lingers through my body. “Where will he bring me on Saturday?” I thought to myself as I fell asleep.