Our year: Part nine

TW:Language and violence

“You two are so adorable” Joyce says as she takes a picture of me and Eddie in our gowns. I can't believe we did it. Not only do I get to graduate but I get to graduate with eddie. 

“I’ll be sitting on the second row, if I see you ill wave, I love you!” I say to Joyce, Johnathan and Will as me and Eddie pile into Steve’s car. We laugh as we get in but my laugh slowly fades. My family will cheer for him along with our friends, but I bet the whole class of 86 will stay as silent as a mouse.
But then Eddie's hands reach to the back seat and asks for mine, I grab his hand and my negative thoughts disappear. 

We arrive at the school and we all walk to the front

We arrive at the school and we all walk to the front. I look at Eddie and adjust his cap, he groans and I laugh. I pull strands of his hair out his face then I ask “Still doing it?” He nods and kisses my forehead, he then grabs my hand and we walk to the auditorium. 

Watching his hair bounce as he walks brings an even bigger smile to my face. 

We enter the auditorium and it's like all eyes turned to us. That didn't phase Eddie, he kissed me and we walked to our seats. 

I look around and see Joyce and a bunch of hellfire shirts. I wave and everyone waves back.
Before I know it I hear my name “Atlas Byers” get called and my heart sinks to my stomach, I stand up and walk towards the stage. I can feel everyone's eyes burning right through me and my hands start shaking. I get onto the stage and everyone starts to cheer, I look in the crowd and see Eddie, he's standing up and he's clapping. I walk off that stage with pride and wait for Eddie's turn.
I giggle to myself thinking about how I can embarrass Eddie. 

Finally I hear “Edward Munson” and my face lights up as I watch Eddie walk up to the stage, I stand up and my chair and shout “woohoo! Eddie!” and he buries his face in his palms and laughs. There were actually people in the crowd cheering for him. That's what made me feel even better.

Eddie steps off the stage and waves me over, I smile and run to him. We both looked the principal dead in the eyes...flipped him the bird and ran like hell out of there!

We’re running through the halls looking at the school one last time

We’re running through the halls looking at the school one last time. Eddie stops running and looks at me and hugs me, I embrace it and rub his back. I try to pull away and he won't let go, I hold on a little longer then I pat his back and say “Okay Eddie let go.” 

He lets go and when I see his face my heart aches. He has teary eyes and his head drops. 

“Ed’s! What's wrong?” I say in a worried voice. 

“Nothing I just…can't believe we did it” I look at Eddie and smile, my eyes start to water and he pulls me close again then says these few words that causes us both to start crying “86 baby…It's our year” 

We stand there and I hear him whisper something I couldve sowrn it sounded like these specific three words. I pull away and go “What’d you say?” 

Eddie says “I…said I-” He gets cut off by slow claps. 

“Aw, I’m glad the freaks found each other” Jason says. 

We were having such a good day. Can I never have anything nice?

“Yeah they did, now go away” I say.

Jason scoffs and goes “Yeah…no, I don’t think I'm done yet.” as he pushes me to the side. 

Eddie grabs Jason by his shirt and gets in his face “Dont…fucking touch her.” 

Jason laughs and then strikes Eddie's face with his fist. I grab Jason's shoulders and try to pull him off of eddie. He shoves me back and I fall into the wall. Eddie has had enough and he throws a punch right at Jason's nose. Jason falls back on the ground and Eddie gets on top of him and continuously starts striking jason's face with his fist while saying “I said” he cuts himself off by punching jason then says “dont... fucking” Hes stops one more time then yells “touch her!” finishing the job by one last hard strike. 

“Eddie!” I say as I pull him off, he's sweating and his knuckles are covered in Jason's blood.

“Baby we’re going home now!” I say as I grab his hand and head out the door. 

We are walking to Eddie's house and we are both silent for most of the walk. I then turn to him and exclaim “Are you serious? It's not impossible just to walk away, you know!”

“Am I serious? I've walked away from Jason since middle school, he's not about to start messing with you too.” He argues back.

I just keep walking without saying a word. We walk up to Eddie’s trailer and we go inside. We go to the kitchen and I help him wash off some of the blood…kinda like the night we met. A smile creeps up on my face and he can't help but ask “what?” 

“Nothing, here you go, all washed up. No more getting in fights Eddie.” I demanded. 

“Okay okay” he laughs.

We walked to his room and I started looking through his music and picked an iron maiden cassette tape. The song ‘Revelations’ by Iron Maiden started. 

“Good pick darling” He says as he wraps his arms around my waist and his lips crash into mine.

Ive never felt this way about anyone

Ive never felt this way about anyone...I dont know what hes doing to me but im not complaining.