I'll be back...Darling: Part seven

TW: Not eating, language, Violence 

Me and Eddie jump in the back of Steve's car, I'm so baffled I don't even know what to do. One second me and Eddie are making out then the next we are scrambling into Steve's car having no clue what's going on. 

"Im sorry Harrington but do we get a fucking explanation?" Eddie says in an irritated voice. 

Dustin turns around in the passenger seat and says "Jason was at the party, be glad he didn't kill you himself. But he did call the cops, they know you're in Hawkins so we have to get out of here." 

"Joyce is going to freak out if I don't come home tomorrow I can't leave!" I shout.

"Just tell her you wanted to stay at Nancy's longer, but we need to get Eddie somewhere safe." Steve chimes in. 

We pull onto the highway, I have no clue where we are going. I don't think anyone in the car knows.
My leg starts to bounce and Eddie places his hand on my leg. I look up at him and he whispers "It's going to be okay..." 

"Eddie I'm scared" tears start to fill my eyes. 

Eddie pulls my head close to him and kisses the top of it. 
Him still keeping his voice down so the others didn't hear him he says "I promise."
No no no. Two words I will never trust. And he just had to say them. I lift my head off of him and look out the window.
Did he have to say that now? Memories flash through my head and I start crying. He pulls me back in and asks me to talk to him. 

"...Whatever happened to Chrissy and Fred, got my dad too...I was so little and I've been living with Joyce ever since. Seeing those pictures just refreshed everything Eddie you can't go too." 
The words just started spilling out of my mouth.
I haven't known Eddie for that long but I knew I didn't want to lose him too. He pulled me as close as he could to his chest and rubbed my arm. He knew it calmed me down.

Just then we hear a siren behind us. It's the police! How'd they find us already!? 
Steve has no choice but to pull over. Once the car comes to a complete stop Eddie kisses my forehead and darts out of the car and keeps running.
Officer Powell caught up to Eddie and tackled him to the ground. 
"Eddie!!" I shout. I'm so scared.
Just when I thought things couldn't get worse as they are walking to the cop car Eddie rips out of Officer Powell's arms and tries to run. Causing Powell to slam Eddie to the ground. 

"Stop! You're going to hurt him!" I scream. I go to run towards Eddie and that's when Steve pulls me back.
"Atlas, no you can't do anything, they'll let him go after a few days when they realize he didn't do anything." He says. 

"Let go!" I start sobbing and collapse into Steve's arms. I can't do anything at this point. 

I watch as they walk Eddie to the back of the cop car. Right before they throw Eddie in, he mouths "I'll be back darling" 

 Right before they throw Eddie in, he mouths "I'll be back darling" 

-3 days later- 

Will walks into my room and my face is in my pillow as I shout "go away" 

"Atlas you haven't been out of your room in 3 days, you need to get up and go to school. Not to mention you most definitely need to eat, when was the last time you even ate?" He sounds concerned. 

Like he said, I've been in my room ever since they detained Eddie. I haven't eaten a thing. I feel awful, I say "doesn't matter" and stand up, almost falling. 

Jonathan drives me and Will to school, me occasionally sipping my water. I stare out the window wondering when I'll see Eddie again.

I'd like to give a special thanks to my friend Jade. Shes currently writing a story about Steve, make sure to check that out! I hope y'all are enjoying!!<3