Three: The First Hunt

Within two days, Emmett woke up wondering about the angel that saved him. He looked around the room to see a beautiful girl waiting for him. "Hello, I'm Claire. I found you."

Emmett looked at her. "All I remember was a bear and then an angel saving me. I thought I was dead."

Claire laughed making Emmett smile as he loved her smile already. "You are dead, but alive. We don't have a heart."

"What are we then?"

Claire smiled. "Vampires." She tells him. "Let me take you hunting so I can explain more."

Emmett looked at Claire as she held her hand out. Putting his in hers, they stared at one another as they felt the sparks. Their connection. "Let's go."
~~~
Claire was surprised that Emmett was enjoying his new life. His first hunt was amazing and Claire was so proud of him as a newborn. He looked at the woman who saved him and wondered what was wrong. "Claire, is something bothering you?"

"I thought you would hate me because of what I have done. I begged for you to be turned..."

"Claire, I'm not upset. What about you?" He asked. "Do you hate this life?"

Claire smiled as she knew he was trying to know her. "I did at first, but Rosalie wouldn't let me put myself down." She tells him. "I hated that I left my parents behind, but they had a son after I was 'buried." She walked over to him. "I started hating it more as my best friend had a mate and I had no one."

"What about that other boy?"

"Bullshit." Claire says. "That was the reason why I was turned was to be in hopes to be his mate, but no. He is like my brother more than a mate." She looked at him. "Then there was you. I was actually walking around after I fed. I didn't want to go home because I felt like I was alone. Even with Rosalie and Kyle, I still felt lonely."

Emmett smiled as he sat down beside her. "Will you tell me how you turned?"

"Heard of the saying, wrong place at the wrong time?"

"Yeah."

"That was me." She says. "Before mom had the baby, I went to the store for her after Rosalie disappeared on us. It was late already, but we needed a few things and dad was already on his way home." Claire sighed as she stood up. "I went to pay for my things, but I saw a robbery. The guy saw me and shot me then the clerk. He died instantly, but my death was very slow till I felt a burning sensation. Next thing I know, I woke up to this life."

"Well, are you happy now?"

Claire looked at him smiling. "I am now."