Fourteen: Honey's First Nightmare

It was around 12:00 when the Cullens heard Honey screaming in her sleep. Emmett and Claire were in the room as fast as they could. Emmett took his daughter in his arms as she woke up in tears. "Daddy!" She cried as soon as she realized she was in his arms. "I don't want him hurting me and Tommy, daddy."

"Who, baby girl?"

"The man that killed our birth mom." She cried. "I don't want him coming for us."

Claire looked at Emmett shocked. This was the first time this girl has ever had a nightmare since she came to them. Walking over to her, Claire pulled her in a hug. "Honey, you are safe with us. You have me and your father, your uncles, aunts, and grandparents." She tells her. "No one will harm you and Tommy. I won't let them and neither will your father."

Honey nodded as she held her mom. Emmett smiled as he kissed her head. Rosalie went to go get Tommy so Honey will see that her little brother was okay. Picking him up, she walked back into the room and sat down with Kyle. Edward walked in and sat in the floor along with Alice and Jasper. Carlisle and Esme smiled as they joined. They weren't going to leave Honey's room. Not after she had that nightmare.

Closing her eyes, Honey fell asleep.
~~~
The next morning, Claire was in the kitchen fixing Honey breakfast as Esme walked in. "She's still sleeping in Emmett's arms?"

"Yeah. Rosalie is in Tommy's room getting him dressed while I cook breakfast for Honey. Her and Kyle agreed to come with me and Emmett as we try to help Honey out." She tells her. "She's not going to school and I've done spoke to the teacher and told them that she had a rough night and they said that is fine."

Esme put her arms around the sweetheart of the coven and kissed her head. "You are doing great, Claire." She tells her. "You and Emmett both became parents to those two kids and you two are doing wonderful."

"I feel like there are times, I don't know what to do." She says not knowing Emmett and Honey walked in. "I'm learning as the days go by and sometimes, I don't know if I'm doing the right thing. Yes, I wanted kids of my own, but knowing I can't, Honey and Tommy became the best things ever. I'm just afraid that I will mess up."

"You won't, mommy." They heard and looked at her. "Meeting you was the best day ever after what we have witnessed. My birth mommy would be proud of you and daddy. You two have taken good care of us and I heard some people tell my teacher who is having a baby that it will always be a learning thing with a child."

Smiling, Claire walked over to her. "You and Tommy mean the world to me."

"And to me." He says as Honey saw the pancakes. "I think she's hungry."

"Go eat." She tells her. "I'm going to see what's taking aunt Rosalie so long."

Honey nodded as she ran to the table to eat. Emmett followed Claire and grabbed her arm. Kissing her, she knew that everything was going to be okay. Honey had her first nightmare and they were all there to be with her. Pulling back, he smiled. "You are doing great, baby. We will learn this parenting thing together."

"I know we will." She tells him. "I love you."

"I love you."