Six: The Engagement

Instead of finding the perfect proposal spot, Emmett decorated the room thanks to Esme. He wished to find a spot, but he couldn't. Yet, he thought of their home. This house contains memories of their love. Emmett remembered one thing though. The look on her face when he woke up. She looked so scared that he would be upset. "Hey." He looked at Kyle who sat beside him as Edward sat on the other side. "What's wrong?"

"Thinking of how over five years, everything has changed. We've grown closer. She's never changed and neither have I."

"That's because you two didn't take this life for granted. You and Claire love this life as you two have each other. Claire has her best friend forever." Kyle sighs. "When I met them, Rosalie was a bitch." Emmett and Edward laughed. "But I knew it was her after Edward glared causing me to defend my mate as she turned." They looked at the redhead. "Then came Claire. Rosalie was so shocked to see her best friend in transition when she woke up. She was so hurt, asking what happened, why did Carlisle turn her, what happened, etc,."

"Well, I'm glad she turned. I have someone to love me for me and I love her for her." He pulled the ring out smiling. "And today, I'm asking her to marry me."
~~~
Claire, Rosalie and Esme came back discussing their shopping trip. The blonde looked at the two as Claire had an idea. "I actually think we need to start doing this more often." She says. "It's refreshing to have someone to talk to and look at you as you are their daughter."

"Claire, our parents are still alive and you had a little brother...."

"Yes, but, we can't put them in this life." She tells her. "My mother, I know, tells him stories about me all the time and something in me tells me that he wished to have met me. Maybe one day when they're old and gray, but right now, it's too soon."

Rosalie hugged her and gasped. Claire and Esme turned to see Emmett on bended knee causing Claire to cover her mouth. "Claire, when we first met, I never thought I would have someone like you." He says. "I want to continue this life with you, but not as my girlfriend, but as my wife."

"Emmett...."

"Will you marry me, Claire Cullen?"

"Yes."

Emmett smiled as he slipped the ring on her finger and kissed her. Rosalie smiled along with everyone else. Her best friend has her forever too. Emmett.