My Reward

My eyes were urging me to take a rest as the wind flies my hair from the window in front of me. The cold gives shivers in my body while holding a pen and unspontaneously signing a piece of paper.

I sighed and put the pen back to my bag. The competition flashed in my mind as I gaze upon the participants and my name on it.

"Gio, Jezel Max..." I clicked my tongue before leaning in my swivel chair.

Why would I ever join a painting competition? I'm just wasting my time.

I leaned forward before yawning idly. A displeased smirk rested on my feature as I roamed my eyes at the sheet of stars in the dark sky.

"Why are they believing in You? That's the most dumb and lame thing I've ever heard," I spoke before I withdrew my eyes from it.

I lied on the table with my head on the table and my face hidden by my hair.

"Unless I saw a miracle, never will I believe in you."

Irritable noice filled my head like a bees when I stepped in the class. I made my way straight to the teacher discussing in front and without trying to look at her eyes, I put the paper down her table.

"This is a rude of you, Michael. Can't you see I'm discussing in front?"

I breathed and get rid of the desire to say dumb things.

"I'm sorry," I uttered, facing my back at her.

"You should. Or else you're gonna live in the detention room forever."

I almost mimicked what she just said because it was too predictable to hear. I just shrugged my shoulder and even caught my classmates staring, giving me swimming looks. I rolled my eyes at the back of my head before walking to my chair and putting my earphones before I hear another tiring speech from my melodramatic teacher.

I hid it with the help of my hoodie. Not that I was scared to be thrown to the detention room, but because I could not care less of them and there are some stuff that worth my time than making an argument with them.

My eyes accidentally meet a girl in front. She was wearing a uniform and holding a strange book in her palm. She was smiling and every words she say, it was becoming broader.

She was new and by no means, I took off my earphones and hear what she was saying. It's not that I was interested to her, it's just what she was holding pulled the string in me.

"Faith is my name! I am 15 years old and I'm a follower of Christ."

I knew it.

A smirk plastered on my lips as I shifted my gaze from her. I put my earphones on again. I saw her sit in front of me and with chin on her hands, she met my dreadful eyes.

"Hi, Mike." Then she smiled.

That was the first time I looked straight to someone I don't even know. I crossed my eyebrows for a irritated reply before avoiding her gaze.

Lunch time, I was walking all by myself to the room to take my practice. The students were all lined up and a knot formed in my stomach when the new girl was also standing behind the students.

Was she joining?

I shook my head and just focus on practicing rather than being curious about this new, weird girl from our class.

I was having my own time when suddenly she appeared at my sight. She was munching a cookie, that I somehow find cute. In spite of that, I rolled my eyes to her actions and squinted outside the window.