Chapter #1 : Day 1

Evelyn's POV

I woke up and rubbed my eyes. I felt really strong pain on the back of my head. The first thing I saw was a ceiling, coloured dull yellow. I also realised I am lying on a soft carpet, instead of my bed.

'Yeah, definitely not my room or house at all.'

I decided to sit up take a look at my surroundings. On my right, I saw a fireplace and photos on a shelf on top of it. But as I look on my left, I see a boy around my age, lying on a green sofa. He had black wavy hair and was wearing black clothes too. Ironically, he looked like those k-pop idols.

Unfortunately, he was very pretty.

But I won't focus on him. I stand up and now I have an even better view of the unknown room I am in.

'There are more people'

Before I even made a step, I heard an unfamiliar, feminine scream, coming from the kitchen.

"WHO ARE YOU?! DID YOU KIDNAP ME?! WHERE AM I?!"

"CHILL GIRL, IT'S NOT LIKE I KNOW WHAT IS THIS PLACE EITHER."

I turned my head and saw 2 people yelling at each other. The taller person, a girl with chestnut hair and a white shirt, crossed with a rainbow, was still screaming like crazy. The shorter stranger, a boy with curly light brown hair and a bear beret on his head, was making useless attempts to calm her down. I glanced on one side and saw the following people:

- A boy with a blond hair and a fabulous jacket just leaving out of another room;

- A DEMON??? lying unconscious on the floor, next to the dining table;

- Another boy, this time with dirty blond hair and grey sweatshirt, looking around;

- A girl with black hair and snow white dress, talking to a blue skinned alien with pig tails??

I hear footsteps, coming from the stair case. A girl with a blonde braid and black overalls stops in the middle, looks around and widens her eyes and shouts, while pointing to the boy with dirty blond hair from earlier:

"YOU! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

"ROSALIE?! THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM? I JUST WOKE UP"- he replied. Maybe her name is Rosalie.

"SHUT UP! THE LAST PERSON I EVER THOUGHT I WOULD SEE TODAY IS YOU."

"WELL, DEAL WITH IT!"

Now I noticed he has heavy Russian accent.

"CAN YOU ALL NOT YELL AT EACH OTHER FOR AT LEAST 1 MINUTE?" - yelled a person with a brown hair and an "I ♥️ You" sweater, while going down the stairs, along with more people.

"NO!"

A minute of silence followed. But it was soon broken by an unknown voice, coming from a speaker in a corner of the room.

"Welcome to Flicker, players!"

"WHO ARE YOU WHAT IS FLICKER?! ARE YOU THE ONE WHO KIDNAPPED US?" This time, the chestnut hair girl from before yelled.

"First, Flicker is a game of despair, of murder! And second, yes, I was the one who brought you here."

A person with a dirty blonde-pink hair and pastel clothing shrieked: "I DON'T WANT TO DIE!!"

"Murder?! Is this some sick joke?!"

"Nope! Totally real! Now anyways, there are 3 teams: Good, Evil and Neutral. The good team has 8 roles - Detective (the leader), Psychic, Spy, Medic, Savior, Muffin Man, Twins and Survivor. The Evil team has 5: Murderer (the leader), Assassin, Dark Psychic, Scout and Witch. Lastly, the Neutral team has 1 role, the Clown. Additional role info is provided on the paper with your role in your pocket. If not, then in your hand."

I placed my hand in the pocket of my jeans and felt a piece of paper. I will check it out later, when I am alone in private.

"Now. The power will go out for 7 hours exactly, at night. After a death occurs, you will have 2 hours to investigate the case. After those 2 hours, there will be 1 hour for discussion and half a hour for voting. If you get voted out, you will not die. But instead, you will be walking out of the Door of Shame. Now any questions?"

Someone was about to say something, but they were cut off.

"No? Good Luck then, you will need it."

I walked out of the room quickly and entered whatever was supposed to be a bathroom and locked the door. I took out the paper with my role and opened it. I widened my eyes and knew I should 100% not share it with anyone or I would be voted out. I put back the important item in my pocket and returned to the main room. A girl was screaming again.... This time, with a black messy bun.

"I AM CALLING THE POLICE!"

Before she could even call, she realised she doesn't even have a phone.

"WHERE IS MY PHONE?!"

"Now that I think about it, I also don't have mine." - the girl with pastel clothing spoke.

"Me neither!" - commented the boy with the fabulous jacket. He had French accent?

"I took them."

No one dared to say anything. I looked at the clock that it's 11 pm, so late... But before I could do something else, the lights flickered out. The real horror began.

_____________________________________

Words count of Chapter #1: 888