Chapter 19 - Diantha's Challenger

Third person's POV

"I'm sorry Misty, really! We were training in the forest, and I left my phone at home. I promise I'll tell you the next time we'll go training!" Gary said and after apologizing again and saying goodbye to his girlfriend, he gave May's phone back.

"Thanks for covering me, May... And thanks for saving my life..." The Indigo Guardian said and rubbed his forehead with his palm.

"Don't mention it. If it wouldn't be for Ash, we'd be probably both dead..." May responded and shivered.

"Quite a lot happened when I was out, I see." Gary said, looking at May's new Lucario.

"Yeah, and we've got a new classmate too. She even ended up sitting with me." May responded.

"Nice! Anyway... as I like to say... Smell ya later! And thanks again for everything!" Gary said and teleported to his home before May or Ash could react.

"And he's gone..." Ash said, shaking his head.

"I have a meal prepared for him downstairs..." May shook her head too.

"Anyway, what you said about the new classmate?" The Aura Guardian wondered.

"I think you need to sit down for this, bro." May responded.

Ash didn't understand why but sat down anyway.

"Her name is Serena Yvonne, and as I said, she's sitting next to me, that means right behind you. And..." May said.

"And?" Ash said, pushing his sister to speak faster as he was very curious.

"And I think, and it's not only me who thinks that... Drew and Dawn have the same opinion as me... Serena might be the girl from that dream you described to us. She matches your description perfectly..." May said.

"Hmm... interesting... Anything unusual about her, or her Aura?" Ash asked.

"Why don't you find out for yourself tomorrow?" May responded, sticked her tongue out, and refused to elaborate further.

Because of that, Ash was looking forward to school, for the first time in his life. Well, technically he wasn't looking forward for school, but to meet that new girl. To do that he has to go to school though.

The next day, when May woke up, Ash was nowhere to be found...

"Seriously... Where is he? Did he go somewhere again?" May spoke to herself, walking down the stairs.

"Good morning, May!" Diantha, who was just preparing to leave, greeted the Aura Princess.

"Ah, morning, Diantha! What's up with that outfit?" May greeted the Kalos Champion and wondered since it was an unusual sight.

"I have a challenger for my title." Diantha said casually.

"Really?! Do you know who it is?" May wondered.

"I heard something from my Elite Four..." Diantha sighed. "He is apparently strong, but he's very arrogant, selfish, and don't have any relationship with his Pokemon... Wikstrom even said that the challenger thinks his Pokemon are non-living beings made only for battling..." Diantha said and shook her head.

May, as the Aura Princess connected with nature, became sad after hearing something like that... She couldn't oversee the fact that somebody is looking at his Pokemon like on some kind killing machines...

"Is that so...?" She asked in a very sad tone.

"In that case... have this..." The Aura Princess activated her Aura, and something materialized in front of her, levitating between her hands, shining in the colors of rainbow.