Chapter 43 - Time For Thinking About Future

Third person's POV

Ash was the first one to reach the living room, followed by both May and Serena in an instant.

"Now that I found the bug and everything's done, I decided what steps we should take to ultimately defeat Team Rocket." Ash said before anyone could say anything.

"Huh?" A few people reacted, and some wanted to react further with questions not only about the plan but also about what he and Serena were doing upstairs for that long.

Ash was faster though, didn't let anyone else speak, and began explaining the plan.

"My plan's actually quite simple, but it will rely partly on luck..." Ash said and looked at Serena.

"But before that, it will require this..." The Aura Guardian said and grabbed his phone.

After a while since Ash put his phone to his ear a familiar voice was heard from the phone's speaker...

"Hello, Ash! How marvelous that you're calling! Is everything alright?" Professor Sycamore said, a bit surprised that Ash's calling him at this hour.

"I'm sorry that I'm calling this late, Augustine..." Ash said before continuing. "I just want to tell you that we've run into some problems and me, May, Misty, and Serena won't be coming to school any time soon." He announced. "Oh, and I'd like you to keep an eye on Dawn and Drew, once our break ends and they are back in school." He added.

"Did something happen?" Professor Sycamore wondered.

"Don't talk about this with Pokemon Union..." Ash ignored Sycamore's question and then hung up...

"Serena, can you call your mom to come here tomorrow? I need to talk with her... Also tell her to bring you some clothes and some personal things you want, because you'll be staying here for a while..." Ash announced.

Serena looked confused, but given the circumstances, she wasn't entirely against staying in Ash's house a bit longer than planned. She gave a call to her mom, and she agreed, saying that she will be there tomorrow.

"Thank you... Your mom is such a nice person..." Ash reacted.

"Ash, will you tell us what's going on, or what are you planning?" Latias wondered.

"The plan... I decided that we need to end Team Rocket as soon as possible, because the more time we give them the more dangerous Team Rocket will be... To do that, I need Serena's powers... I once mentioned this to Serena, and May knows it too, but Serena's Aura is quite special... I decided that she should stay here with us for a while to train her Aura... Basically, I'm planning to deceive Team Rocket, lure out Giovanni and kill him before he gets more legendaries under his control..." Ash briefly explained.

"Special Aura? What does that mean?" Misty wondered.

"You needn't worry about this, Misty... I need you to be as strong as possible when you return from your trip." The Aura Guardian said.

"Huh, Misty's going on a trip?" Dawn wondered.

"Yes, we're leaving tomorrow morning to train, just like Ash did some time ago." Latias explained.

"I see..." Dawn reacted.

"This is all quite confusing and... terrifying..." Drew said.

"I know... But you saw what Team Rocket done with Yveltal... Imagine what they'll do once they have more legendaries..." May said, sitting next to Drew.

"I'm sorry for ruining this party... But to prepare for more things that will come tomorrow, I suggest that we go to sleep... Even though it's only slightly past midnight..." Ash said.