Chapter 4 - Ash's First Time in Kalosian School and Unexpected Visitor

Ash's POV

I went upstairs but stopped right after reaching the last step. Something seemed off about this Drew guy, nothing seriously dangerous, but still, it was weird.

I focused my Aura on him...

Weird, I've never seen a person with a same color of Aura and hair. This type of green far more wild than the lime green color of Diantha's Aura, and surely not controllable at all. What was disturbing me was the amount of Aura this guy possesses.

"Do May realize how much Aura this guy has?" I thought for myself. Not that it was a problem, only a bit unusual for a bare mortal.

"What is he doing? And how is he doing this?" I thought for myself when he and May were saying goodbye. Drew's Aura was caressing and floating around May.

Later, when I was in the bed, I, spying on May through my Aura, figured out what happened at the doors when May and Drew bid farewell.

What Drew was doing wasn't something special, I've seen Gary doing it several times, I can do it too, just never felt the need to use it. I've never seen somebody who can't use his Aura doing it though.

Two days later, I was feeling good and was ready to go to school.

After some paperwork at Augustine's office, I was really surprised and glad to meet Gary in the classroom.

"Heeey, Gary mf Oak-tree!!! What are you doing here!?" Was my reaction when I saw my best friend from Kanto. "Is this chair free, bro?" I asked right after we fist bumped.

"Sorry, pal, but no. I convinced one hot chick to sit with me, but your sister said something about keeping you a seat." Gary said, not really pleasing me with his answer.

I went across the classroom, but before sitting down next to May, I thought I'll mock her a bit and asked Drew if I can sit with him.

Drew was surprised but agreed and the moment I sat down, May spoke to me through the Aura.

"Why would you do that?" She asked.

"To mock you a bit." I answered truthfully.

"C'mon! You're acting like I have a crush on him!" She reacted.

"And don't you?" I asked.

"NO!" She responded.

"Right, that's why you were thinking about him whole evening on Monday." I said, trying not to laugh.

"What!!? Stop acting like a little kid!! You were using your Aura to hear my thoughts?! This should be illegal!" She said so loudly in my head that I needed to block her voice a bit.

"So, you're not denying that you have a crush on him?" I decided to mock her one more time.

"Stop you idiot!! You should grow up!! The fact is, it takes four months to fall in love, so I don't know why I should be different?!" She responded.

"You know, I believe a person falls in love on first sight, it takes time to realize it though..." I responded through the Aura, turning back to face my sister.

She only shrugged.

"Why didn't you tell me that Gary's here too?" I asked her so it wouldn't look weird that I only turned back, looked at my sister, not saying anything and then sat straight again.

She only shrugged again.

Later, in the cafeteria during the lunch break, I was sitting with the boys, getting to know them.

"Hey guys, have you noticed how all the girls were staring at Ash?" A guy who loves to give everyone a ton of fines, Barry, said, catching everyone's attention.