Chapter 34 - Innocent Discovery

Third person's POV

Right after sending the coordinates of May's phone to the Pokemon Union and telling them what happened, prof. Sycamore almost fainted from the sudden stress...

Few hours later he got a message from the Pokemon Union rescue team, reporting about the health of his students... Blood was freezing in his veins, seeing the report...

Number of people found on the scene: 10 (6 alive, 5 conscious)

Report of health by individual:

Berlitz Dawn – conscious, no physical harm sustained, possible mental harm, scheduled for a thorough check.

Hayden Drew – conscious, no physical harm sustained, possible mental harm, scheduled for a thorough check.

Ketchum Ash (Code Name: Aura Guardian) – unconscious, not communicating, breathing, no physical harm found upon quick examination, scheduled for a treatment.

Ketchum May (Code Name: Aura Princess) – conscious, sustained a panic attack (condition stabilized), communicating, no physical harm sustained, scheduled for a thorough check.

Oak Gary (Code Name: Indigo Guardian) – confirmed to be dead (cause of death: 5 stab-wounds in the back, pierced vital organs)

Team Rocket Admin Proton (*real identity unknown) – unconscious, not breathing, proclaimed dead (reported cause of death: Yveltal's move Oblivion Wing)

Unknown Team Rocket grunt – confirmed to be dead (cause of death: beheaded)

Waterflower Misty (*name not found in database) – conscious, hyperventilation upon arrival of rescue team (condition stabilized), communicating, reporting to feel physically unwell, no physical harm found upon quick examination, scheduled for a thorough check.

Yvonne Serena (*name not found in database) – conscious, no physical harm sustained, possible mental harm, scheduled for a thorough check.

Professor heavily gulped...

Reading the report from the rescue team made him feel really unwell, and he didn't want to believe it... Despite reading it three times, prof. Sycamore still didn't understand what the message said... he didn't want to understand... and he didn't want to know why Misty's and Serena's name aren't in the database...

When prof. Sycamore recovered a bit from the shock, he decided to give Lance a call... Together, they came up with a story for the other students in the camp... The cover story told that Gary was killed by a landslide on their reported hike, while Ash and Misty were injured, and others luckily escaped...

Later, in the evening, professor Sycamore presented this story to the students...

However, the truth was a bit different...

All of them were transported to a secret base of Pokemon Union, where they received a proper treatment according to their respective conditions...

Three days later, the Aura Guardian slowly opened his heavy eyelids, waking up from his long sleep...

"Ughh... My head hurts..." He complained and held his head. "W-Where am I?" He asked himself, not expecting any response.

However, Ash got a response, despite not expecting any...

From a dark corner of the room where Ash was, a very familiar voice spoke...

"Ah... You're finally awake..." The person who was sitting in that corner said.