Chapter 18 - Right Time for Return and a New Schoolmate

Third person's POV

Tired and exhausted May was still holding her shield strong, protecting an unconscious Gary with all she had left...

She wasn't aware of the time... She didn't know if she's holding on for 10 minutes or 10 hours...

She was on a verge of fainting too, because she used a lot of her Aura to stop Gary's bleeding, and was still holding up a shield which was under constant attacks of 17 Dark Auras, but she knew that if she faints, it's really a game over, so she wasn't giving up...

After Gary fainted, she was crying and screaming for help, but she gave that up a long time ago, because she realized that no one's coming... Now, only the sound of impacts on May's Aura shield were heard, and silent tears were seen, flowing from May's eyes...

The Aura Princess was slowly and deeply breathing and was scared to even blink, because she felt like if she closed her eyes, she won't open them anymore...

She hasn't eaten anything... The last meal she had was a dinner she ate yesterday... Ho-Oh picked her up practically straight from the bed...

The shades in the surroundings were slowly changing and becoming darker, signalizing that the sun was setting...

"I'm sorry... everyone..." May whispered and her shield broke...

She was too weak to hold it any longer...

Before she fainted, she saw three bright blue lights, sparkling and moving with an exceptional speed...

Seventeen impacts were heard, that sounded like shattering glass, and May felt that all Dark Auras disappeared...

She didn't know how's that possible and was too weak to think about it...

She was fainting, but before she felt to the cold mud, a pair of non-human hands, or rather paws, caught her.

"I got you... You're safe now..." May heard a voice she was sure she heard somewhere, but just couldn't remember.

"Thank Arceus that we weren't a few seconds late..." May heard a familiar voice of her brother.

After that, May's mind become completely numb and she fell unconscious, but she knew she and Gary were safe...

When May opened her eyes, her body felt heavy, and she couldn't move at all. She was sitting behind a table in a castle's dining room, again?

"Another artificial dream?" She thought for herself.

"May!" May heard as the big doors to the dining room opened.

"May! Are you alright?" May followed the voice with her eyes, as it was the only part of her body she could move and looked at Ash who was speaking to her.

"Y-Yeah..." She was able to say.

"I'm back, so you don't have to worry anymore... I'm sorry for leaving so suddenly." Ash said, apologizing for the troubles he caused for his sister.

"This... d-dream?" May wondered.

"Huh? Yeah, this is dream created by me. It's a bit complicated to explain, but basically..." Ash tried to explain how she created the dream they're in but was cut off.

"I... know..." May said, and Ash stopped talking. "L-Lucario... explained..." May explained how she knows about the dream they were in.

"I see... well, get a good rest, I won't disturb your sleep anymore." Ash said and was prepared to walk out of the doors.

"G-Gary...?" May said and Ash stopped.

"Gary will be ok, that idiot lost a lot of blood, but he's going to be alright." Ash said and walked out of the doors.