-Chapter Thirty Two-

Chapter Thirty Two:

Clara

I really did win with everything. I did really well with pretty much all of the rounds of poker I played, winning thousands. It was safe to say that Gio was pleased with how well I did and how much I had managed to earn. I think I was becoming his favourite. He had started to let me join some of the drop offs that he had been doing even with Niall and Louis.

I had also won because I had Harry. Well... I didn't have him but he was with me. He treated me so well when we got back to the apartment and then the next day I was laid across him in the car on the way to the train station. My head was in his lap and his fingers were in my hair. My legs were up on the seats and I had one of my new books in my hands.

Look, I'd like to say that I like to and can read the classics but I'm really not. I much prefer a smutty, filthy dark romance that fucks you up because it's just so much more entertaining. I had managed to fit all my new books in my suitcases, Harry's luggage and a book or two in Billie's suitcase.

We were taking the train from Milan to Rome because it took less time than driving it so apparently it was a better idea to take the train. I think it was just because Gio didn't want to be stuck in a car with us for six hours.

It was the third of December and I was wearing Harry's jumper and I was yet to open an advent calendar. It was kind of a crime against humanity but it was an even bigger crime that I didn't have an advent calendar at home, waiting for me.

I rested my book on my chest and I tilted my head to look at Harry. He wasn't looking at me but from where I was, I could see the sharp angle of his jaw and the light dusting of stubble covering his face. His hair was curled around his face and he looked like a god.

It was safe to say that the time I said that I wasn't going to have feelings for Harry was a big fat lie because I was in deep. Everytime I looked at him my heart twinkled and my belly erupted into butterflies. I felt like I was drowning in him and he was always there to save me. There was a saying that Derek Shepherd used when talking to Meredith which is 'you were like coming up for fresh air. It was like I was drowning and you saved me' and I never really related to it before Harry.

Before I met Harry, I was living as best as I could. I wasn't experiencing anything and since I met Harry I had started to experience the love that you find written on pages in a book. The type that you would never expect in a million years. I presumed that I would live a thousand lives before I was worthy enough of experiencing something that was anywhere near what I had read about.

Gio pulled the minibus into a parking spot at the station and he handed Liam a stack of train tickets. I realised that Gio wasn't coming with us. "Are you coming down to meet us?" I asked, sitting up next to Harry.

"No, I have to drive down after I figure a few family things out on the way so I'll be down late tonight or tomorrow morning but Liam and Louis know where they have to go because they've done this before." Gio turned his body around to reply to me and I nodded.

We made our ways onto the train platform and with our plenty of suitcases we piled onto the first class section of the train. Once we got settled into our seats, I started speaking, "I've never been in first class before." I looked around, expecting something special but it really wasn't. There was free WIFI and complimentary drinks and food service.

Harry and I were sitting next to each other, opposite Billie and Zayn and we had a table between us. Niall, Liam and Louis were around a table next to us and they all either had their heads down or they were asleep already. Hint hint Niall.