Ch.4. The Jubilee

Foreword: Where I am it still Jungkook's birthday (1st September) so I wrote this little chapter in celebration of that. I hope you all like it. Slight mature content towards end as a warning. And as usual completely fictional works and fictional scenarios, please do not take seriously. All in all I hope you enjoy 😊

Jimin was frozen to the spot looking between Jungkook and I, aware suddenly the Prince was standing before him, he bowed. What was he doing here at this hour? Oh gosh Father must've asked him if he could help out too.

   Jungkook was statute as well, he turned to me. "I think it was a mistake to come here so openly, y/n I'm sorry" With that he, he left letting go of my hand and looking back sadly. Before turning and quickly taking off into the clearing of the trees. I had almost forgotten about Jimin standing there, now Jungkook had left so abruptly.

I turned back to Jimin who was coming closer. "The Prince?" he exclaimed, appearing visibly unhappy with the matter. "Are you crazy Y/N. I knew it. I knew something happened that day he called you back without me"

    "We liked each other. We met. We enjoyed each others company" I said, sighing sitting on a haystack nearby. "But as you can see he's gone now, perhaps permanently"

    I buried my head in my hands crying and Jimin sat down beside me putting his arms around my shoulder. "Sometimes we cant always have people we love, but it doesn't mean we won't ever be happy again"

    I wiped my tears with a handkerchief in my dress pocket. I turned to Jimin who looked genuinely worried for me. "You won't tell anyone will you?"

"Of course not" Jimin said, looking at me like I were ridiculous. "Start a rumour about the Royal family, I dont know who would be more mad then, you or I"

"Thank you" I said sniffing. I saw the other workers were now arriving. "I must get down to mother and help her with the pies for the Jubilee, oh but I am not so much in the mood now for celebrating"

As I helped Mother in the kitchen preparing the pies, I could not hide my unhappiness. "What is wrong y/n?" Mother asked. "Your walking round sullen and working much too slowly"

"I'm feeling rather under the weather, Mother" I replied in partial truth. She put the last of the pies into the oven.

Mother sighed. "Well we are finished almost, so go and lay down on the bed and get some rest. I will have the other workers come help me finish tidying up "

I felt relieved to get a chance to relax. I made my way upstairs and lay on the bed. Tears started to fall as I rested my head on the pillow, I buried my head in it muffling out my uncontrollable sobs. Had I really ruined my chances with the Prince ? Would he hate me now. He had seemed so different today, so distant. Perhaps it was Father's tone, perhaps I had spoken not so kindly to him, perhaps it was getting caught by Jimin. If I had done things differently, would he have felt comfortable to meet again.

My heart felt as heavy as the darkness that started to creep in. I had been so stupid. I had ruined everything. I had ruined him. There was nothing worse than having ever being loved or cared by him at all, if I had just hurt him in the worst way. How I hated myself. Why could I not have just been born a Princess? Then he wouldn't have had to feel like he was sneaking around. What a burden on him I had created, just a big mess for him.

It was me being selfish. Wanting him so badly, despite who he was. My feelings getting in the way. When really i was making it harder for him. I could see it now, me walking into his life was a blessing and a curse. I just wanted him to feel happy, whatever that was, but would he be? Now I had come and shaken things up in his world.