Chapter 12.1

Chapter 12

Everyone in the room was taken aback by the surprising news that Phoebe had just shared with them. It was a moment of shock and disbelief.

Just then, little Jayden, who was only two years old, burst into the room with excitement. "Aunt Pheebs!" he exclaimed, his face lighting up with joy.

Phoebe greeted her eldest nephew with a warm smile. "Hey there, peanut," she said affectionately.

Jayden glanced around the room, his eyes landing on Edward and Alice, who seemed to be caught up in some sort of drama just moments before he entered. He smiled at everyone else, but there was a hint of unease when he looked at them.

Curiosity got the better of Jayden, and he turned to his grandmother, Isabel, seeking answers. "Grama Bella?" he asked, his voice filled with innocence.

Isabel responded lovingly, "Yes, my darling?"

With a determined expression on his face, Jayden pointed directly at Edward and

Edward let out a low growl as he eyed the young boy. It seemed like trouble was brewing. And sure enough, before anyone could even utter a word, Edward found himself cornered by Sienna Brandon-Whitlock. The tension in the air was palpable.

Sienna's voice was cold and stern as she warned Edward, "You better not dare to disrespect my son, Edward Anthony Cullen. If you do, you'll regret it."

Carlisle, acting as both Edward's father and clan leader, stepped in, demanding that Edward put an end to this confrontation. He knew the consequences could be dire if things escalated any further.

Reluctantly, Edward agreed to Carlisle's request. "Alright, I'll stop," he replied, his voice filled with resignation.

Sienna released her grip on Edward, satisfied that he had agreed to back down. She turned her attention to her son, Jayden, who seemed oblivious to the tension in the room, engrossed in his tablet.

"Hi, mama," Jayden greeted Sienna, looking up briefly from his device.

Sienna's face softened as she smiled at her innocent son. "Hello, baby," she replied, her voice warm and loving.

Sienna was dressed in a stylish light gray long-sleeved shirt, paired with black leggings and black flats. Her dark blonde hair was neatly tied up in a ponytail, adding to her composed appearance.

"Hello, Bells, Jay," Sienna greeted her mother-in-law and father-in-law, her friendly demeanor shining through.

Jasper returned the greeting with a smile. "Hey, dear," he said, his tone welcoming and kind.

"Damian's got your smile, Jay," she said honestly, her voice filled with warmth and sincerity.

Jasper couldn't help but smile back, his eyes sparkling with joy and appreciation.

As Isabel's iPhone 4 began ringing, she quickly glanced at the screen and saw that it was Peter calling. With a sense of anticipation, she answered the call.

"Hello, Petey," she said playfully, her voice laced with a teasing tone.

"Isabel, you know I don't like that name," Peter replied, his voice tinged with a hint of mock annoyance.

Isabel chuckled softly, her laughter bubbling up from within. "I know, but that's what I call you Petey for," she said, her voice filled with affection.

"How is Char?" she asked, genuinely interested in hearing about their mutual friend.

"She's great," Peter responded, his voice carrying a sense of fondness. "And she misses you and the kids," he added, answering Isabel's question.

"Is Katerina still with you?" Isabel inquired, her curiosity piqued.

"Yes, until tomorrow," Peter replied, his voice tinged with a touch of sadness. "And then she's coming to you," he continued, his words filled with a mix of longing and anticipation.

"Katie's coming here?" Isabel exclaimed, her voice filled with enthusiasm and excitement.

"Yes, you know her," Peter replied, his voice reflecting a sense of understanding. "And she misses her mother," he added, his words carrying a hint of longing.

"It will be so nice to see her again," Isabel said, her voice filled with genuine warmth. "I haven't seen her for months," she added, her words tinged with a touch of nostalgia.

"Is Ezekiel going to be with Katie?" Isabel asked eagerly, her voice filled with anticipation.

"Yes," Peter confirmed, his voice carrying a sense of certainty. "He arrived in Texas last night," he added, his words filled with a hint of excitement.

"Brilliant!" Isabel exclaimed, her voice filled with delight. "I haven't seen Zeke in years," she added, her words reflecting a sense of genuine happiness.

are you, Charlotte and Mae planning coming with Katie and Zeke ? Isabel inquired with a warm smile, genuinely interested in their presence.

"Mae is really excited about meeting her Uncle Jay," Peter responded truthfully, his voice filled with sincerity.

"Well, Pete, you know you're always welcome in my humble abode," Isabel replied with genuine warmth, making sure Peter felt the sincerity in her words.

"I know, belle. I truly miss Jay. I haven't had the chance to visit him since he met that mischievous pixie," Peter admitted, a hint of longing in his voice.

"Pete, I have one question for you," Isabel said, her tone gentle and inquisitive.

"What's that, my darling?" Peter responded, eager to assist in any way he could.

"Do you happen to know if Jasper's brother, Michael, or his sister, Eleana, were turned into vampires?" Isabel asked, her curiosity piqued.

Peter took a moment to gather his thoughts, utilizing his vast knowledge to provide a helpful response. "From what I've been told, both Michael and Eleana were indeed turned into vampires. Rumor has it that they are currently residing here in Texas, near the old Whitlock plantation," Peter shared, his voice filled with a sense of certainty.

"Ah, so that means they must be in Houston," Isabel deduced, a smile forming on her face as she connected the dots.

"Exactly," Peter confirmed, glad to have been of assistance.

Isabel shared some exciting news with a smile on her face. "You know, Lily, Neil, and Jay will be absolutely thrilled to hear that their brothers and sisters are alive," she said warmly.

Peter's eyes widened in surprise. "Wait, Auntie Cordelia and Uncle Daniel are alive too?" he exclaimed.

Isabel couldn't believe it. "What!" she exclaimed, her voice filled with astonishment.

Peter nodded calmly. "Yes, Jay's parents are alive. I believe they are currently with Michael and Ellie," he replied, his tone reassuring.

"Can you find the plantation since you are blood related with them?" Isabel asked, her voice filled with curiosity and excitement.

Peter paused for a moment, his mind retracing the memories of his family history. "Actually, I do remember the old Whitlock plantation in Houston," he replied, his tone warm and friendly. "It's quite a remarkable place, with a rich history that dates back generations.