Chapter 17

Elijah Rowan McCarty, the youngest of the McCarty boys, along with his close companions, Brooklyn and Rowena, made their way to the small town of Forks. They arrived a bit earlier than William and Pamela  who had decided to make a detour in Arizona to pay a visit to some of Pamela's human relatives. It was a rare opportunity for them to connect with Pamela's living family members, adding a touch of warmth and familiarity to their journey.

Elijah, also known as Eli, was a vampire who had reached the age of 71. It was in the year 1935 when Eli's life took a dramatic turn, as he was unexpectedly turned into a vampire by his then-girlfriend, whom he had no inkling was a creature of the night. Eli's existence became forever altered from that moment on.

In the realm of vampire relationships, Eli was fortunate enough to have not one, but two mates. The first of his companions was Brooklyn, with whom he had been entwined for a remarkable span of 25 years. Their paths crossed in the year 1960, when Eli and Brooklyn found solace and love in each other's undead embrace. By that time, Brooklyn had already been a vampire for a decade, having experienced the transformation ten years prior.

The second mate in Eli's life was Rowena, a captivating presence who added a new layer of complexity to his existence. While the details of their meeting remain shrouded in mystery, it is clear that Rowena became an integral part of Eli's vampire journey, bringing her own unique energy and allure to their shared existence.

In the bustling city of London, England, during the year 2003, fate brought together two individuals whose lives were destined to intertwine. It was in this vibrant metropolis that Eli, a young and ambitious man, crossed paths with the enigmatic Rowan Jade Edwards, a seventeen-year-old girl who held the position of second mate. However, there was more to Rowan than met the eye, for she possessed a unique gift - she was a witch.

Rowan's journey had been far from easy, as she had been abandoned by her own mother at the tender age of fifteen. Left to fend for herself on the unforgiving streets, she resorted to desperate measures to survive, even resorting to selling her body in order to satiate her hunger. It was during this tumultuous period in her life that Eli, with his compassionate heart, extended a helping hand to the young witch.

As Eli took Rowan under his wing, he soon discovered a profound connection between them. It was as if the universe had conspired to bring them together, for they were destined to be mates. Their bond grew stronger with each passing day, as they embarked on a journey filled with love, understanding, and the promise of a brighter future.

Rowena Edwards stood amidst the breathtaking scenery of Forks, her eyes taking in the natural beauty that surrounded her. She turned to her companion, Eli, seeking confirmation.

"Eli, are we truly in Forks?" Rowena inquired, her voice filled with curiosity.

Eli, enveloping Rowena in his loving embrace, responded with a tender smile. "Indeed, my love," he confirmed, his arms securely wrapped around his second mate.

A delightful giggle escaped Rowena's lips as she relished the sensation of Eli's arms encircling her waist, a comforting and affectionate gesture that brought her immense joy.

Rowena herself was a vision of beauty, a young woman whose allure was undeniable. Standing at an elegant height of 5'7, she possessed long, lustrous black curls that cascaded down her shoulders, perfectly complementing her captivating blue eyes. Her attire was equally enchanting, as she adorned herself in a knee-length crimson dress that accentuated her graceful figure. To complete her ensemble, she wore a sleek black leather jacket and a pair of stylish black ankle boots, exuding an air of confidence and sophistication.

By Rowena's side stood Brooklyn Jones McCarty, Eli's first mate and wife, a woman whose beauty rivaled that of Rowena herself. Standing tall at 5'8, Brooklyn possessed long, dark brown tresses that framed her face, perfectly framing her striking emerald green eyes. Eli, a fortunate man and vampire, found himself blessed with the presence of not just one, but two extraordinary and captivating mates.