Chapter One

Aviva p.o.v.

I sat in the third period of class keeping my head down as I listened to the teacher drown on about poems and their meanings.

As soon as the bell rang I made my way to the front of the school, where I normally sit as everybody else is mainly in the cafeteria.

I sat down at the little picnic table and started to study for my next test that's tomorrow. Soon I hear a noise and someone sits on the table across from me.

Slowly looking up I see it's the new bad boy of the school, Billy. I look down again not wanting another person to start bullying me.

"Hey there princess." I hear him say.

"My name's not princess." I say and immediately I apologise, looking up I don't see anger or anything for talking back, only curiosity in his blue eyes.

"What are you sorry for?" He asked, I feel he's only being nice to me while nobody is around.

"Talking back to you." I say as I start to fidget.

"It's okay, what is your name then?" He said keeping his eyes trained on me.

"Aviva Munson." I said meekly waiting for him to laugh at me.

"That's a beautiful name but I prefer princess or sweetheart, your choice."  He said, I decided I like the second one more.

"I like sweetheart more." I said with a light pink tinge to my cheeks, he smiled brightly.

"Sweetheart it is then. Would you like to know my name?" He said.

"I know who you are, Billy Hargrove." I said putting my belongings away into my backpack.

"Well then if we're being honest then I must admit I already knew who you were I just wanted you to tell me." Billy admitted.

"Oh." I said not knowing what to say.

"Everybody talks about you, the Munson girl with a heart problem." He said, here it comes... the bullying.

"That's me..." I said standing up getting ready for whatever he was gonna do or say next.

"You look like your ready to run." He said observing me.

"Just waiting for you to bully me like everybody else does, I'm a loser and your the schools new bad boy" I said, he realised what I meant and shook his head standing up also.

"I'm not gonna bully you sweetheart, I promise." He said the bell rang and people started moving out to their next classes.

"Aviva!" I heard someone yell, looking I see my brother.

"Eddie." I said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder holding me close.

"Is he bothering you darling?" Eddie asked protectively.

"No, and I was just leaving." I said, I reached up to kiss my brother's cheek before leaving, looking back I see Billy wave shortly at me. I turn around and head to maths, I hated maths with a passion.

During class people Snickers as they look at me and throw paper balls at me. Some say I'm a freak because of my weak heart.

I ignore them to my best ability and do my work, after that is my last lesson where I do art, which means I can do whatever I want basically.

I decided to draw a duck with long hair and blue eyes, I didn't know why but I actually liked it.

"Very good miss Munson." The teacher said happily as she came past to observe.

"You know ducks don't have hair like that you fucking stupid girl." Some boy said trying to get to me, of course it did but I tried to ignore him.

"She's being creative unlike you Mr Turner." The teacher said as she looked at his work, a simple stick figure with a poorly done gun.

I was one of the best students in this class, one of Mrs Jones favourite in fact, but honestly I think I was also partly because of my condition that she slightly pitied me along with the bullying.

After that I packed up all my stuff and made my way to my locker, luckily it was right next to Eddie's.

I placed everything I didn't need into my locker and got the stuff I did need for homework and study into my bag.

I started walking  to the van that Eddie uses and waited for him to get here so we could leave. Once he was here we got in and rice off to the trailer park where we unfortunately live with our uncle.

There were only two rooms in this one as it's what we could afford so I had to share a room with Eddie, and because of how small the rooms were we had to share a bed. It wasn't all bad as because of my weak heart Eddie likes to keep an eye on me and stay close when he can and I can't keep my body warmth up so he helps with lots of cuddles.

I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have Eddie as my brother, I love him to bits.