Chapter 5

At Wade's House, someone knocked on the door and Paige opened the door to see her best friend; Penny Lewis.

"Oh, so glad you came." Paige smiled, in relief. "Come in."

Penny stepped in and Paige closed the door.

"Ok, Paige, when you said come to Wade's house, I thought we were TP-ing the place." Penny admitted, before she sees Sonic and gives him a high five. "Hey, Sonic. Good to see you."

"Hey, Penny." Sonic greeted, before Penny notices Tails.

"Oh, who's this little guy?" Penny asked.

"Names Tails." Tails introduced as he and Penny shook hands. "Nice to meet you, ma'am."

"Nice to meet you too." Penny smiled.

Wade opens the door from his garage.

"Is everyone here?" Wade asked. "In that case, please enter the fortress."

The girls looked at each other in confusion and shrugged before they walked in with Sonic and Tails.

"Uh, guys? Where are we?" Tails asked Sonic and Paige.

"Welcome to the Wadecave!" Wade explained. "Which is something I hope to someday say to a woman, a woman who's not my mom."

Penny sighed in annoyance.

"Wade, come on, focus." Paige reminded.

"Yeah, what's the reason we're all here?" Penny asked.

"We need to figure out why Knuckles thinks I'm the key to finding the Master Emerald, and why did he mention Longclaw?" Sonic replied.

"That's where you come in with your brilliant mind." Paige said to Penny, who smiled and pulled out her book.

"Which I grew to love." Penny agreed. "Luckily for you guys, this book is about animal symbolism, so I can use this to describe what your new friend's intentions mean. Okay, so who is Knuckles?"

"Knuckles is an echidna warrior." Tails replied.

"Echidna. Okay, let me search." Penny said, as she scrolls through pages and finds the info. "It says here that echidnas will symbolize resolving issues, learning from them, and avoiding greediness for a greater good."

"Whoa." Tails commented.

"And who was Longclaw?" Penny asked.

"She was an owl." Sonic replied, before Penny scrolls through the pages again to find the info.

"Alright, it says that owls are identified as encouraging symbols of wisdom, knowledge, and even trusting the mystery." Penny explained. "So maybe the two of them were in a conflict resolving situation before in the past."

"There must be a connection." Tails said.

"Hey, Kiddo. Don't you have something she gave you when you came to Earth?" Paige asked.

"Wait a minute, there is." Sonic replied, before he gets out the safe worlds map and points to the Emerald on it. "Look. There's an Emerald symbol on the map Longclaw gave me. I never knew what it meant before."

"Something's happening." Tails informed.

The map glows as the black outlines turn blue and shut the lights off.

"Whoa! It's glowing, it's glowing!" Penny stated as she backs up and hid behind Paige.

"Whoa! Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Sonic said, in alarm.

He lets go of the map and the map falls to the floor as blue smoke surrounds the map. Then a hologram of Longclaw emerges from the map as she is spreading her wings.