Chapter 8

At Hawaii, the wedding plays on and Jojo gives the rings to her mom and Randall. A red plane passes by with a banner that says Rachel & Randall 4 Eva. The crowd claps.

"Did you...?" Rachel asked, which made Randall reply with a smirk.

"These rings signify the..." The priest announced, before Tom's phone goes off and he checks it.

"Sorry." Tom apologized as he dismissed it. "Thought it was on silent."

The wedding continues.

"These rings..." The priest announced, until Tom's phone rings again.

"So help me, Thomas!" Rachel complained.

"Okay, sorry, sorry." Tom said, before he looks at his phone and sees a text from Sonic. "Excuse me, this is an emergency. Sorry."

Tom gets up and walks off in the open.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Meanwhile at the mountains, the siblings kept rushing down the hill to avoid the avalanche. Sonic gets a FaceTime call from Tom and answered.

"What? This better be important. I just... Are you skiing?" Tom asked, as he saw his children's status. "Is Paige flying?"

"Snowboarding, actually. And Paige is using a hovercraft." Sonic informed. "But we need your help now. Life or death situation this very second. I need you to use the Ring I gave you to save us. Like right now."

"Okay, slow down." Tom said. "I don't even know where you are."

"You just gotta picture where you want the Ring to go." Sonic replied, before he showed the landscape to Tom. "So picture this."

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Back in Hawaii, Tom saw the landscape and widened his eyes.

"Oh, my god. Okay, okay. Hang on." Tom assured, as he pulls out a ring and throws it, but it does nothing. "What?"

"Did you throw it?" Sonic asked.

Tom inspects the ring and sees that it's actually Rachel's wedding ring.

"Oh, god." Tom gulped.

"What? Tell me what "oh, god." Sonic asked.

"I mixed up the rings when I was teasing Jojo." Tom explained.

"Dad!" Paige said.

"What? Where is it then? Where is it?" Sonic asked.

Tom sees that Randall has the ring and about to put it on Rachel's finger.

"You don't want to know." Tom replied.

"But I do, Tom." Sonic said, sarcastically. "I very much want to know, before I become a hedgehog-flavored snow cone."

"Not helping!" Paige scolded at Sonic, before she pleaded her father. "Hurry, Dad! We can't hold off the avalanche much longer!"

"Hang tight, sweetie." Tom reassured. "I got this."

Tom hang up and ran up to the stand.

"With this ring, Rachel..." The priest announced.

"Hey! Hi." Tom interrupted as he ran up.

"Everything okay, bud?" Randall asked.

"Not really." Tom replied.

"What are you doing?" Maddie asked.

"This is gonna sound crazy, but I need to see that ring for just one second, one second." Tom explained.

"Have you lost your mind?" Rachel asked.