Unexpected Events

Next day
.
Morning.
Sumedh is working on laptop to find Kriti while Mallika walks in the hall. Just then police come.
Police:
Excuse me? Hum yaha Mrs Mudgalkar se milne aaye hai.
Mallika:
Ji kahiye.
Police:
Apko humare saath body verification keliye chalna hoga.
Sumedh:
Body? What? Kyun?
Police:
Ji inhone apni beti ki missing complain di hai.
Mallika:
Haa toh missing complain di...
Sumedh understands what Police mean to say. They go with the police whereas Mallika was still in denail. The reach a abandoned spot. They get out. The team is around a body which is covered with white cloth.
Sumedh holded Mallika's hand. He tried to show that he was there for her but actully, he wanted her to be their. The team uncovered the body. The face was a bit dismantled. Her body was covered with deep wounds. Mallika couldn't bear the sight and turned her body to Sumedh and hugged his hands while Sumedh carressed her hair and also closed his eyes.
Police:
Is she?
Sumedh:
Nh...nhhh...oo..No..
They couple got back home. Both were disturbed for different reasons. She was disturbed seeing the girl. And he was disturbed as she could be his girl...
3 days passed. Sumedh couldn't think of anything but Kriti. Mallika was chilling in her mind just acting to be worried. Mandar came to meet Sumedh while Mallika was sleeping.
Sumedh:
Aise kaise nahi mil rahi Kriti??
Mandar:
Sir...shayad mil gai...par kaise kahu samajh nahi aa raha...
Sumedh:
Matlab?
Mandar:
Sir..ek..ek bar..Mallika madam se puch lijiye..shayad woh kuch help kare...
Sumedh:
Main samjha nahi..
Mandar:
Par main samajh gaya sir. Aap 1 week se soye nahi hai...Mallika madam dekho..so rahi hai. Uske chehre par chinta ki ek shikanj nahi hai.
Sumedh:
Kya kehna chahta hai tu?
Before Mandar could answer, they heard Mallika's voice.
Mallika:
Kriti!!!
She yelled from her room. Sumedh dropped a file from his hand and rushed to Mallika. She was panting. And just woke up from her sleep.
Mallika:
Kriti..!
Sumedh:
Mallika kya hua??
Sumedh immediately cupped her face with extreme concern. He wiped her sweat.
Mallika:
Sumedh...sumedh..Kriti!?!..
Mallika said this and hugged Sumedh. Sumedh consoled her.
Sumedh:
It was just a bad dream...relax..
He gave her water. Mallika was successful in acting. She wasn't aware of the fact that Mandar doubts her but she had cleared Sumedh's doubts. He belived that she was also equally worried
.
.