- 03: Distractions -

Bowser Jr. was waiting outside Larry's room, about to knock on the door, but stops his hand upon hearing a conversation he couldn't quite make out. After a moment and without giving Jr. time to react, Larry opens the door and notices him there.

Larry: oh! It's you! What are you doing here?

Jr. felt somewhat embarrassed looking erratically to various sides

Jr.: n-nothing... I just... wanted to play with you for a bit... may I?

Larry looked at him with some annoyance as he raised an eyebrow and leaned against the door frame.

Larry: are you serious? You said no one would want to play with me, at breakfast

Jr. was silent for a moment before continuing as he poked his fingers

Jr.: I... I'm sorry about that

Larry: (sighs) whatever... now I'm going out for a bit. If you want we play at night

Bobby and Larry exit, closing the door to his room.

Bobby: (to Jr.) We're going for ice cream, do you want to come?

Jr.: (rejoicing) yes! I want! I want!

Bobby: so... let's go! (smiling)

Larry didn't seem to agree with it, but then he smiles tenderly when he sees the enthusiasm of both of them.

Larry: sure, come on!

Before they even move, someone appears from behind intervening.

- wait a minute! -The three little Koopa there turn their eyes with a face of doubt. It was Ludwig, who had come out of his room with a briefcase, a book and some sheets, approaching the boys and standing next to Bowsy. Larry makes a slightly annoyed face.

Larry: now what do you want?

Ludwig: Bowsy has some issues to attend to, he has a math test.

In that Jr. makes a scared face

Jr.: (thinking) damn! I forgot... and I didn't study anything

Ludwig: You studied, right?

Jr. gets nervous and tries to hide his response

Jr.: s-sure, how could he not do it? Anyway... I'm being called from... somewhere...

After saying that he starts to run, but Ludwig grabs him by his bandana, which makes Jr. stop abruptly and choke himself a bit with it, falling backwards. Both Bobby and Larry are surprised to see that.

Jr.: (getting up) do I have to go now? I do not want...

Ludwig: Why not?

Jr.: I wanted an ice cream...

Bobby approaches Jr. and calms him down.

Bobby: Calm down, we'll go out another time. This is important

Bowsy grumbles and exclaims with a resigned tone -okay...- and after that he and Ludwig go. The other Koopas walk.

Larry: you see? He does a number for everything

Bobby: calm down... it's not like we all like to study, be generous with him

Larry: I always have to be, I hate when he gets all the attention. For once I want him to be scolded for being capricious.