- 08: Larry's Doubts -

Larry was sitting on his bed, subtly looking away, while Mykey sat next to him after finishing arranging a cup that he had left on a small table. The little boy in light blue felt a little nervous, so he tried not to say anything.

Mykey: How have you been feeling, Larry?

Larry tried to talk, but he felt a little shaky, so he stammered. After that, Larry cleared his throat.

Larry: w-well... I'm calmer now

Mykey: I understand. I hope you get better soon (smiles at him)

Larry was still somewhat confused. Suddenly, Mykey makes a comment looking at him towards the window, which makes Larry pay attention.

Mykey: (with a serious face) Wow! The weather is clouding over... it looks like he is going to rain

Larry looks out the window and sees that what Mykey says is true, to which he is a bit surprised.

Mykey: I hope there won't be bad weather tomorrow

Larry: yeah... (Averting his gaze again)

Mykey: anyway... (Smiles again) Do you want hot cocoa?

Larry: sure... (Smiles shyly)

Mykey picks up the cup he had put down earlier, grabbing it with both hands and freeing the handle so Larry could take it. Larry very carefully tries to grab the cup and prepares to drink.

Mykey: be careful, it's a little hot

Larry, without paying much attention, takes a small sip but the high temperature of the chocolate is too much for the little boy's tongue, so he can't help but groan in pain, dropping a few small tears and with his eyes closed. This causes Larry to accidentally drop the cup with the hot liquid. Mykey sees it and reacts by trying to grab the cup, spilling some of the chocolate but preventing it from landing on the little Koopa. Mykey gives a small moan, squeezing her eyes shut and gritting her teeth.

After a few moments, Larry slowly opens his eyes.

Mykey: are you okay?

Larry: (panting a little) y-yes, but I b-burned my tongue...

As Larry sits back up, he glances over at Mykey, who was holding the mug. Realizing the situation, Larry freaks out a bit. He had noticed that Mykey had burned his right arm with the hot chocolate, but the purple-haired young man didn't seem so affected. On the contrary, he was very calm about the situation. Mykey grabbed some napkins that he brought with him and dried himself, to then look at Larry, who was still stunned by what was happening, looking at how red the part where Mykey was burned was.

Larry: you got burned too... does it hurt a lot?

Mykey: a little, but I'll be fine

Larry: b-but...

Mykey: (interrupting) I'd rather be me than have it be you (smiles at him)

Larry looks down.

Larry: I... I'm sorry. It's because of me that now you had an accident...

Mykey gets closer to him

Mykey: don't worry, accidents happen

Those words resonate in Larry's mind, who remembered what Bobby had told him a while ago, which were the same words said by Mykey.

Larry puts on a sad expression and little by little begins to overflow a few tears. Mykey notices and freaks out a bit.

Mykey: L-Larry? What's up, buddy?