- 04: The Learning -

Jr. was in his room adjusting his bed a bit to make room. At that moment he feels the door knock and goes to open it.

Jr: oh! Mykey! Come in. Welcome

Mykey: excuse me...

Upon entering, the older Koopa sees the room, noticing Jr.'s toys, as well as the drawings of him on the wall, causing him tenderness to see all that.

Mykey: are they yours? (pointing to the pictures)

Jr.: y-yes...

Bowsy said that sadly, thinking that his friend would find it childish and silly.

Mykey: they are cute, I like them a lot

The little boy gives a small smile and looks at him tenderly

Jr.: Thanks...

Saying that, Jr. walks over to his bed, which is medium-sized with pictures of flames in bright green sheets, sorting out some sheets he had there.

Jr.: My brothers don't seem to like my drawings, neither does Dad.

As Bowsy said that, Mykey sat on the bed and paid attention to the little boy's words, looking at him intently.

Jr.: Once I showed him a little drawing of me and dad, but he didn't seem to pay much attention to it (putting the sheets aside and sits next to Mykey) and my brothers just laughed at my drawing

Mykey: well... I do think they're great.

Jr.: Really?

Mykey: yes. I wish I knew something about drawing, but it's not that I'm particularly good. I'll give you an example; do you have a paper and a pencil?

Jr.: sure (he gives him what he asks for) here you have

In that, Mykey starts to draw something and then show Jr.

Mykey: tell me, what do you see here?

Jr.: (squinting and tilting his head) uh...is it...a mosquito?

Mykey: It's a cat, or so it's supposed to be.

Jr.: oh... s-sorry... (looks down)

Mykey: (laughs) don't apologize. What I am trying to say is that we all have something that we are good at and something that we struggle with. Your drawings are better than mine because your energy and affection are reflected in them, and that is very good, Jr.

With those words, Jr. looks up again at the purple-haired Koopa

Mykey: When we take a break from studying, we can have a little drawing workshop once in a while to relax, don't you think?

Jr., with that said, becomes more motivated, which brings a smile to his face and a sparkle to his eyes.

Jr.: I would love to! (smiling more)

At that smile, Mykey smiles at him tenderly.

Mykey: Well, it's time to sleep. Tomorrow we will start and we'll want to be with all the energy.

After putting the sheets on a nearby table, they both go to the bed, which is big enough for both of them to fit. Jr. gives Mykey space to settle down, then moves to his side, settling next to him, but not before turning off the lights and being in the moonlight. Bowsy closed his eyes slowly while he was hugged and wrapped in the sheets, in turn, Mykey looked at him and caressed his face slowly as he whispered affectionately.