- 10: A Glimmer of Hope -

MYKEY

I was talking to Morton, who had found me when I was hiding. Almost instantly Larry appears, who seemed so distracted that he didn't notice our presence and got slightly scared. Did he realize that he was watching him? I hope not. I'll have to improvise, so I subtly whisper to Morton– play along

Larry: oh, it's you guys! What ya' doing there?

Mykey: we were playing hide and seek. Morton found me

Larry: oh, that's good...

Larry said, with a slightly discouraged tone. Morton notices him and asks

Morton: YOU OK, BROTHER? (Almost screaming)

Larry: Yeah, I'm fine, Morton. Please stop yelling!

Larry commented while he covered his left ear. Morton looked somewhat regretful and covered his mouth. In that I look at Larry and I turn a little towards Morton

Mykey: hey buddy, can you get the little kids some candy please? They are in Larry's room

Morton nods at me, still covering his mouth and heading to the kitchen. This Koopa makes me very tender.

While that was happening, I take Larry, without him seeming to object, to a more private place: Bowser's room. I hope he doesn't mind, it'll just be a moment.

While there, Larry sits on the floor somewhat distracted, trying to look away as he fiddles with his hands. I sit in front of him, also on the ground. From what I see he doesn't seem to be very comfortable.

Larry: What do you need, Mykey? (He asked me without looking at me)

Mykey: well, I wanted to know if you were okay. You know, from a while ago...

Larry: yes, I'm fine

He would say that rather abruptly and sighing a little in the process and turning around completely, his back to me. That did not give me a good feeling, really.

Mykey: are you sure?

Larry: yeah...

This time, his tone of voice became a little more melancholic. Something was definitely wrong with him. I didn't want to be too intrusive with him, but seeing him down was not an option for me either. I didn't realize it, but I squeezed my hands, which were resting on my legs, and after that I got closer to him. I'm risking Larry getting mad at me, but seriously, I can't see him like this. From what I have known of him, he is usually a cheerful boy, I don't want that joy to be lost.

Before I move closer to him, Larry says a few words.

Larry: (sighs) well...actually...I do feel a little...down

Just as I suspected...

Mykey: uh... do you want to... talk about it... or do you want us to change the subject?

Larry is silent again and continues to turn his back on me; I don't mind that he does, really. But it is seen that he does not want to; I better not insist, so I'll leave him alone, so I get up and stand in front of him and get on my knees. At this action, Larry raises his head a little, with a bit of sadness in his eyes. I take her left hand with my right hand.

Mykey: don't worry. Everything will get better. Soon you will be able to move your arm freely and you will be able to play as much as you want.

I give him a small smile and he keeps looking at me.