Chapter One

Eleanor hung in the shadows, watching as Elizabeth gently rowed her boat through the small walkways in Singapore. Barbossa was at Eleanor's side, his wicked grin on his face and eyes alight with the prospect of a fight. Eleanor had a hand in her pocket, gripping a small pistol ready to fire at anyone that made any move against her sister.

"...the bell had been raised from its watery grave; hear it's sepulchral tone? A call to all, pay heed the squall, and turn your sails home..." Elizabeth's voice carried through the quiet night.

Eleanor couldn't help looking at her sister with some sadness. They're relationship the past few weeks had been shaky at best. Eleanor knew Elizabeth had kissed Jack, where he was then left for dead, betraying Eleanor's trust completely. Though, she doubted Elizabeth thought she knew. It was the way Elizabeth looked at Eleanor now that stung; a look full of pity and guilt. She knew that there was more going on for Elizabeth than she let on, Will who had been carrying out another small mission for weeks had sent no word to Elizabeth, and her soul focus seemed to be getting Jack back. But Eleanor couldn't be wallowing in her own mind, she needed to focus and not let herself fall into a state of despair. Her heart throbbed sadly, but she instead focused on the figure that was emerging in front of her.

"Yo ho, hoist the colours high," Elizabeth sung slightly louder. "Yo ho, thieved – "

" – and beggars, never say we die," the figure cut her off. His face was savage as he looked at Elizabeth. "A dangerous song to be singing, for anyone ignorant of its meaning." Barbossa nudged Eleanor forwards, and they crept up beside the stranger. "Particularly a woman, particularly a woman alone."

"What makes you think she's along?" Barbossa called casually, grinning with his rotten teeth at the stranger.

The man looked towards Barbossa and Eleanor, "You protect her?"

As he did so, Elizabeth sprung up behind him, placing a knife to his throat. "What makes you think I need protecting?"

"Your master's expectin' us," Barbossa said, his eyes widening in excitement. "An unexpected death would cast a slight pall on our meeting." Eleanor nodded towards Elizabeth, and she released her grip on the man, but she didn't sheath her knife straight away. There was a noise above them, and the entire group quickly dissolved into the shadows of a passageway, looking above them as British soldiers passed them overhead.

Tai Huang, the stranger, motioned for them to follow him into the darkness and into the heart of Sao Feng's hideout. Elizabeth turned towards Eleanor, "Have you heard anything from Will?"

Eleanor shook her head, continuing to stare straight ahead of them. Barbossa, however, answered her, "I trust young Turner to acquire the charts, and you to remember your place in the presence of Captain Sao Feng."

"Is he that terrifying?" Elizabeth asked.

"He's much like myself, but absent my merciful nature and sense of fair play," Barbossa grinned. They all finally made it to the entrance to Sao Feng's hideout, when a slit on the door opened and someone stared out at them.

"Hoi," Tai Huang said. This seemed to please the person behind the door because it opened and they were ushered forwards. Guards waited for them inside, where they were asked to discard their weapons. Both girls began to step past the guards and into the hideout when Tai Huang held up his hand and grinned at them both. "You think because they are women we would not suspect them of treachery?"

Barbossa grimaced slightly, "Well, when you put it that way."

"Remove, please," Tai said.