Chapter 5

Mal pov

It was the end of the day, though few little students were still at school. As for me I'm as usual with Shu at the rooftop while he trained with Spryzen. "Good job Shu, you're doing amazing." I praised him. Shu smiled and gave me a thumbs up, "Thanks Mal." Shu says. I took out my sketch book to pass the time.

I flipped the pages to see sketches of Mirinai, flowers in the garden, or places I've visited here. I looked around on what to sketch, and I saw Shu positioning himself again. I turned my book to an empty page and decided to sketch Shu. I smiled at myself that I was able to draw Shu perfectly. Unbeknownst to me Sho was looking at me.

"What are you smiling about, Mal?" Shu asks, I showed him the sketch of himself. Shu looked surprised and smiled slightly, "It looks good." He says. I smirked mischievously, "You're just saying that, because it's you~." I teased. Shu's eyes grew wide, "No, it's not like that!" He says. I only shook my head, "I'm just joking Shu." I said.

Shu groaned and rolled his eyes, getting back to his training. Shu and I wrapped up on the rooftop and were about to go home. I heard loud voices from the gym, 'those idiots what are they doing?' I thought to myself. I immediately knew it was Valt and the bey club, "Shu can we go check out the gym?" I asked. Shu looked at me confused but nodded, "Sure we can do that." He says.

We walked over to the gym, "And watch him fail!" I hear Rantaro say following with a frustrated groan from Valt.

"How are we related?" The twins say.

"Oh no they didn't!" Rantaro says.

"Knock it off!" Valt yells.
Now Shu was intrigued, we see the bey club helping or rather insulting Valt. Shu gave out a small laugh, He smirked at how tied up and flustered Valt was getting. I only gave a shocked expression, 'that's one way to make someone mad.' I thought.

"This is so entertaining!" Rantaro mocks.

"You're gonna fail big time!" Nika claims.

"She's always right ya know!" Toko adds.

Each time the three either insulted or distracted him, Valt's launches became more and more unstable than the last one. After awhile Valt was all drained out, this was the first time I've seen him like this. 'Poor Valt...' I sympathize with him, the three started to apologize to Valt. "Umm guys Valtryek is starting to spin way faster." Daigo says. They all looked over at the arena, Daigo was right Valtryek was spinning faster.

"Let's try again!" Valt says.

"This time without all the theatrics." Ken tells the twins and Rantaro.

"Let the kid have a chance." Rantaro says.

I sweat dropped, 'that's on you...' I thought.

Daigo and Valt got into their position, "3,2,1!" I see a basketball bouncing towards Valt. The ball hit Valts bum, causing him to lift his launcher up. Shu and I caught this, "let it Rip!" they said, launching their beys. Valtryek spun faster than the speed of light, "I messed it up again!" Valt says groaning. We all looked at the stadium amazed minus Valt.

"No you didn't!" Keru says.

"It's got a totally different trajectory..." Rantaro trails off amazed.

Valt looked over at the stadium, "I don't know what's going on here, you set yourself up for a rush launch." Daigo says, confused. Doomscizor stopped spinning, after some time Valtryek followed after. Shu and I walked over at the club, "Hey Mal and Shu did you see that, I totally mangled the launch but that thing was crazy." Valt says.

Shu nodded, "yeah..." he says. Rantaro put his fingers under his chin, "that wasn't your normal screw up." He says. "No kidding sherlock!" Keru says, "I'm smart, but I'm no genius." Rantaro confessed, proudly. They both began to bicker, "It was the spin speed!" Daigo says in realization. We all looked at him, "Alright you got my attention." Keru says.