Chapter 4

Shu pov

"Okay everyone have a nice rest of your day." our teacher said walking out of the classroom. I looked over at Mal to see her packing up, "Hey Mal ready to train?" I asked her. Mal looked at me and shook her head, "Sorry Shu but I have a violin lesson to go to." she says. 'She takes violin?', "Well okay do you want me to drop you off?" I asked. She shakes her head no, "It's at school, I'll meet you at the rooftop after my lesson okay?" She says. I nodded, "okay then see ya." I said heading over to the rooftop.

I got in my stance and Mal instructions repeated through my head. [Keep a firm grip on your launcher.] her voice says.

I held my launcher firmly.

[Keep your focus on the arena and strategize how you want your bey to move.] Mal voice says.

I locked on my strategy.

[Once you're done let it rip!] Mal says.

I pulled the ripcord, "Let it RIP!" I yelled. Spryzen was launched perfectly and moved swiftly. I repeated Mal instructions over and over my head until I heard the door open. Thinking it was Mal, "came back so soon Ma-" I turned to see Valt. Valt was surprised but then smirked mischievously, "normally you'd know it's me but now it's Mal." He says teasingly. I gave Valt a poker face, "Where are you getting at with this?" I say. Valt raised his eyebrows continuously with the smirk on his face, "You and Mal have been spending a lot of time together training, going to school, going home, and going to the tournament on your bike~" he says. Valt wasn't wrong, Mal and I have been a lot spending time together. "Just admit it Shu, you like her, don't you?" Valt says.

I like Mal, now that I think about it I never gave much thought into it. Then again she doesn't seem like the girl to have a crush. 'She's too busy trying to crush someone if anything.' I thought. Though I do know there's something there, "Mal and I are just friends it's not like that." I tell Valt. Valt looked at me disapprovingly, "man you guys sure are cute together though." he said. I sighed and shook my head, "What do you need?" I asked. "Hmm oh right!" Valt says.

Mal pov

Once Shu headed out of the classroom to go to the rooftop. I went towards the music room, "Mal!" I hear Valt's voice shout out to me. I turned to see Valt, "Hello Valt, need anything?" I ask. He panted heavily catching his breath, "Do you know where Shu is Mal I thought he'd be with you." Valt asks.

I shook my head, "He's at the rooftop training. I'm going to a violin lesson right now." I tell him. Valt nodded and was about to leave before turning back, "Oh I almost forgot, Do you want to join the bey club?" He asks. 'A Bey club?', I shook my head, "I prefer to work solo." I tell him. Valt groaned and sighed, "well okay have fun at your lesson!" Valt says running off.

I continued making my way toward the music room, opening the door I was greeted by the teacher. "Ahh Mal welcome I presume you're here for your violin lesson." She says. I nodded and went inside, "Well let's get started." she says.

Time skip

After finishing the 3rd piece I learned, I look over to see my teacher smiling proudly at me. "You truly are your mother's prodigy, Mal" She praised. I nodded, "well you're dismissed for the day." She tells me. I put away my violin in its case and headed over to the rooftop to meet up with Shu.

I opened the doors, "Hey Shu I'm he-" I stopped in my tracks. I see Shu and the kid Valt fought, Ken. They were in the middle of a battle and VaLt was acting as ref. So I just made my way to the bench and placed my bag on it watching as the battle unfolded. Shu won with a burst finish, I went over to Ken. "Can I please see your puppets?" I asked him.