Chapter 9

3rd pov

The atmosphere immediately became tense after Wakiya snapped. Still, everyone but Valt was wary, "Well I guess we're gonna see a more powerful version of him." Keru spoke. "What does that even look like?!" Rantaro asked, "Is it just more or has he changed somehow?" Nika referred to Wakiya. Toko squinted and clenched both his fist, "That can't be possible!" he presumed. Rantaro gulped the lump that was stuck in his throat, "I knew he was crazy powerful before but who knows what's gonna happen now!" he rants.

While in the waiting room Mal and Shu watch as the match goes on, "can you believe it Wakiya says he's only using a fraction of his power!" Hanami's voice burst through the T.V. Red and blue eyes injured at the screen.

"Whatever happens I can't let him get to me!" Valt swore.

"Don't panic..." Nika said in an uneasy tone.

"He'll be fine." Toko layered on the agitation.

Valt groans as he closes his eyes, "Wow it's such an honor!" he gushed. This caught Wakiya by surprise, "I'm so stoked you feel like showing me your power!" Valt carries on. Valt punches the air and smiles, "and that stare of yours classic! C'mon don't hold back now!" he urges. Wakiya took a second his face with uncertainty but quickly replaced it with a smirk and a snicker.

"Anything can happen in this next round!" Hanami declares, "The second battle!" The Referee announces. Wakiya and Valt maneuvered to their initial stances, 'Okay let's try our Flash Launch again!' Valt thought confidently. Wakiya stares into the midst of the stadium, 'He got lucky once, it won't happen again.' he mediated. "Ready set!" The referee yells, "3,2,1....Let it RIP!" everyone shouts.

Wyvron going straight away makes its way towards the middle and Valtryek on the other hand circles around the stadium, and ultimately collides with Wyvron. Valtryek manages to knock Wyvron out of the center, "And there we have it folks, another Flash Launch!" Hanami says excitedly. Keru and Besu high fived each other, "that was impressive." Daigo mused. "Haha! Atta boy!" Keru howled, "Nicely done you can win this!" Rantaro encouraged.

Valtryek makes its way to hit Wyvron again, "Wyvron is avoiding the attack. No! It's heading back to the center this is playing out like the first battle." Hanami remarked. Wakiya's grin plastered on his face said otherwise, 'It's different this time...' Mal pondered. Both boys hitting each other back only for Valtryek to go in for it once more. Making a collision with Wyvron, "Finally I'm going to show you the true power of my shiel crash!" Wakiya exclaims out.

Just as he said that Wyvron hits Valtryek with immense force causing the bey to fly up and out of the stadium. "Ring out finish!" Hanami yells out, "one point to Wyvron a tie!" the Referee says. The crowd went bizarre, "And Wakiya's new move takes the stadium by storm!" Hanami says.

"Oh my poor little heart. It hurts so much." Rantaro huffed sarcastically.

"Reel it in Honcho!" Nika says not taking her eyes off the battle.

"I just don't get it." Toko digressed.

"You need to have complete control over Wyvron. You gotta knock it gradually to reach the edge." Daigo explains.

They all avert their gazes to their bandana wearing friend, "unbelievable he wasn't kidding when he said he was holding back. His attacks are way stronger than before. It's attack and speed is way faster now" Daigo murmured. "Valtryek attack ended up going head on." He finished. Wakiya picks up Wyvron, "I wasn't able to burst you. Seriously you're one lucky blader!" Wakiya said. "He's cool..." Keru says, "yeah, In a freakishly intense way." Besu second. Rantaro nodded in agreement, "I gotta agree with the mitten on the left guys, seriously this never happens" he says. "Be brave!" Toko tried reassuring his brother but his tone seemed to crack, "Poor Valt!" Nika uttered.