Chapter 3 All memories are sweet

THIRD PERSON POV.

"Dev we would have an ad shoot tomorrow morning and then a flight to Dharamshala in the afternoon." Said Nandani to Dev who was sitting on his bed and writing away in his diary. Dev nodded his head and said looking up, "Okay and go home now, it's already getting late." Nandani smiled and nodded her head, "Yes Boss. Have a good night." Nandani left the Padikkal house.

IPL was over and unfortunately RCB didn't win the eliminator. Dev's next tour was an ODI series with Srilanka. First two matches were to be played in Dharamshala and the remaining in Bangalore.

This was Dev's life now. Series after series and work after work. He didn't do anything except for playing cricket, shooting for ads and then some other work. He had kept himself completely busy for the last couple of months so he won't have any free time. He didn't take any vacation or series break. He was always available to do something to invest his time. Afterall what would he do with that extra time in his life anyway? Before he always made an effort to take some time off but now the workload is a blessing in disguise as it helps him keep distracted.

Right now Dev was writing about his day in the diary. It was his daily routine to write down all the feelings he was experiencing. He got this habit from her. She always used to say to him that whenever a person gets overwhelmed with various types of emotions they should write it down. It helps them to heal from those things.

Sometimes he used to write about a particular incident which reminded him of her or a funny story which he would tell her when she is back or just a single sentence saying how much he missed her. Writing it all down helped him in a way.

After writing he got up from the bed to keep his diary in the cupboard. When he was keeping his diary in the cupboard, he came across a small paper bag. He knew that paper bag, it had his beloved's ring with which he was gonna propose. He thought of returning it back but he couldn't bring it to himself to return it so he kept it in his cupboard.

He exhaled as he kept his diary and pushed the paper bag further back in the cupboard. Both the ring and him were waiting for their rightful owner, for him she was the owner of his heart.

Next morning after his monotonous morning routine, he arrived at the location where Nandani was already waiting for him. When she saw him she immediately went to him and said "Vanity van is ready and the clothes you would have to change into are kept there." Dev just nodded and went to the van while Nandani went to talk to the crew members.

Dev was doing an ad for shoes and after getting ready he went to take the shot. The director came and shook hands with Dev "Good morning Devdutt. This is your co-star Tanya." The director introduced the female model to Devdutt. He smiled and nodded at Tanya who returned his smile. After the introduction they began the shoot for the day.

The shoot ended at around 1 and Dev was all set to exit when Tanya came to meet him "Hello, Mr. Padikkal." Dev nodded his head and said "Hello." Tanya took it as her que and said "It was nice working with you." Dev gave a small smile and said "Same here."

He again started walking towards his car when Tanya called out for him from behind "Maybe, If you are free would you like to have coffee with me?" Dev turned around and got the idea she was looking for something else as well. He fully turned towards her and politely said "Sorry I have to get to the airport."

Tanya nodded her head and said giving a sheepish smile "I thought you would answer something like that but I thought it was worth a shot." Dev smiled at her honesty and said "Sorry but I am committed to someone. I hope you get someone in the future as well." Tanya nodded at the information as Dev wore his shades and walked towards his car.