Chapter 5 Coming back home

THIRD PERSON POV.

Dev and Radhika were sitting on the bed side by side leaning against the headboard. Their hands were Intertwined with each other as Radhika rested her head on his shoulder. The beautiful night enveloping them in its peaceful silence.

Radhika was supposed to be sleeping but she insisted for Dev to sit with her for sometime. Radhika was looking at their hands and playing with them. A smile played on Dev's lips as he saw her. He didn't fail to notice how she still had the wings pendant around her neck. She said earlier the nurse removed it before for medical reasons but when she woke up it was given back to her so she wore it again. This was what he was seeking for so many months. These peaceful moments with her which somehow made everything in his life disappeared for that moment. Radhika had that in her, she could silently bring peace in Dev's life through her small actions.

Dev wanted to ask a question since the time the monk said that she was found near the river. He softly asked, "Radhi?" Radhika hummed in return and looked up at him. Dev looked at their hands and asked "Tum river mai giri kaise? Kuch yaad hai?" She sets up a little thinking about the events of that morning.

She tried to remember when she smiled. She looked at him and said, "I actually woke up early to see your match. I knew you would score a century then." He smiled too seeing how confident she was of him. Radhika then continues "I was watching your match in my room but the signal was not proper. It was buffering a lot so I went outside. I was by the river and watching your match as the signal there was great. Par achanak se sab hilne laga phir bahot pani tha."

Radhika shut her eyes closed as she tried to remember what happened, "I cannot remember anything after that." Radhika finally gave up as she held her head in her hands. Her head started to hurt slightly as she tried to remember it. Dev at once got up and took her in his arms rubbing her back, "Hey don't stress so much it's okay... Shushhh..." Dev rubbed Radhika's back till her breathing became normal. Radhika opened her eyes saying, "Don't know why, My head started throbbing all of a sudden."

Dev nodded and he wiped the sweat off her forehead with his handkerchief saying, "It's okay. Once we go back to Bangalore, we would carry out tests to know how the wound is on the head." Radhika nodded as he slowly placed her head on the pillow making her lay down. Radhika sighed as laid down. She now realized how tired she actually was.

Dev sat beside her and patted her head slowly saying, "Sleep for sometime Jaan." Radhika smiled as she opened her eyes again and asked "Jaan?" Dev chuckled and said "Are aab to confirm hogaya hai." He rested his head against her and said "My body, my soul, me entirely belongs to you." He went back a little and looked deeply into her eyes as he said "I am absolutely nothing without you. So tum hui na meri jaan?"

Radhika chuckled and said "Abhi bhi cheesy ho tum Dev." Dev chukled back and kissed her forehead. Radhika smiled as Dev sat back beside her holding her hand as she laid down. Slowly Radhika's smile faded as she remembered even she had one question in her mind. She looked up towards Dev as she asked "Vese, can I also ask you something as well?" Dev nodded and said "Anything."

Radhika looked down at the sheets as she asked "I was in coma for almost 8-9 months. So... tumhe koi aur pasand aayi inn 9 months mai?" Dev looked at her confused so Radhika elaborated "Like tum sab ko to almost ye bataya gaya tha ki I am missing or never gonna come back right? So did you find someone else?" Radhika knew she sounded stupid right now, but there was a fair possibility of this and she wanted to get it cleared. After all, Dev was such a nice person, who wouldn't want to date him.

Dev chuckled as he looked towards Radhika. He really wonders sometimes from where she gets all these thoughts. He looked at Radhika and said "Nahi. Mujhe meri Radhi aur kisi ladki Mai mili hi nahi." Radhika smiled a little as she looked down at the duvet playing with it. "Actually this was the reason why I called Dada. I didn't know if you had moved on or not. I didn't want to disturb you so..." Dev laughed a little at how cute his girlfriend looked right now. He said "Pagal. Why do you think so much."