Chapter 7 Fixing a Match

THIRD PERSON POV.

After the celebration everybody was having dinner at the tables arranged in the garden. Rahul Dravid had arranged the tables as he knew beforehand they were not only gonna celebrate Radhika coming back but also his daughter's engagement.

Champagnes were opened, dinner with delicious dishes were served and non-stop laughter. Even if it was night it felt like a new beginning, as finally the dark clouds from their lives were faded. Everybody was eating when Virat stood up clicking his glass with the spoon gaining everyone's attention. He stood up with a smile and said "I would like to raise a toast for the newly engaged couple."

Everybody smiled as they took their glasses waiting for him to continue. Virat looked at Dev and Radhika who were sitting beside each other and said, "The first time I saw Dev was when I gave him a medal at a function and later on that boy made it to the RCB camp as well." Dev smiled at the memory, remembering his journey.

Virat smiled and said "The time I met him, he was a teenager who just had a hobby of playing FIFA and cricket and I said Kids..." Everybody laughed a little at his sentence as they remembered that interview as well. Virat chukled and continued, "He was a kid back then and I had the privilege to watch him transform from a kid to a grown up man ready to embark this new journey in his life. I am proud of you kid and happy as well."

Dev looked at Virat, a defined wrinkle running from the sides of his nose to the corners of his mouth, known as "smile lines". Virat then continued, "But be ready to call me salle ji as well because you are marrying my sister." Everybody laughed as Radhika too laughed at it but then laughed harder when they heard, "Make it two." By KL raising his glass. Dev laughed and raised his hands in surrender as he knew they loved their sister as well.

Virat sat down and then Shubhman said, "Vaise same here ha. Mai bhi Radhika ke side se hu iss shadi mai." Radhika ofcourse smiled but Dev gave a betrayed look and said "Haw! And here I thought you were my best friend. I thought my best friend would be from my side." Shubhman was dumbfounded at Dev's sentence as well as others were a bit surprised. It was Shubhman who would be dramatic and not the other way around.

Shubhman thought Dev was serious so he gave a lost puppy face and said, "But... But we decided that earlier na? Yaar ese... Ese dharam sankat mai maat dalo yaar mujhe..." Dev laughed as he was able to pull Shubhman's leg this time and said "Are I was just joking. Konsi bhi side se rehe no problem." Shubhman blew a breath of relief and said getting up, "You my man are my bestfriend."

He went to Dev and kissed him on the cheek even if Dev was protesting like hell. Radhika laughed her heart out at that as Shubhman kissed Dev on the cheek with sound as well. As Shubhman sat down he said to Radhika "Sorry to steal one of your kisses." As he said that there was another round of laughter.

As the laughter subsided Ambili Padikkal said, "Ye bache to aise hi rahenge par ab hamara kaam badh jayega." Radhika's mother and Vijeta agreed as Radhika's mother said, "Haa naa... These kids would be busy at their work and everything, we would have to plan everything. Kyu Vijeta ji?" Vijeta Pedhnekar nodded in agreement and said "Ek kaam karte hai kal hi pandit ko bulate hai."

Before that discussion could go any further Rahul Dravid said "Ladies, ladies. Before you go ahead with any of your plans do remember that we all have to leave tomorrow evening for the series." There was suddenly silence on the table as they remembered they had a series lined up. Ruturaj said "Yaar, I completely forgot." Shreyas agreed and said "Same here yaar. Par..." He looked at Radhika and said "Radha abhi to aai hai. Mujhe usse chodke jane ka Maan nahi hai."

Hardik nodded in agreement and said "Same mai holiday le raha hu iss series se." Everybody loved Hardik's plan and started agreeing to it as Radhika looked at all of them like they had gone crazy. She said, raising both of her hands as if asking, "Oh hello. What holiday and all? Mai aa gayi to chuti vo bhi puri team? Khelne phir jayega kon?" They all looked at Radhika as even if she was weak she did looked dangerous. Ishan took a little courage and said "But we don't want to leave you yaar."