| 16 |

The streets are silent yet the sound of people walking around goes through my ears. I sit by a cafe with a cup of espresso and a maritozzo on a plate. I am sitting in the shadows away from the sun, not in the mood to get a tan. On the chair next to me is Love with eyes closed, paws hidden away under its body and head in the same position as it has been for the past 10 minutes. In my hands, I hold my pieces of paper for my first class in art. My eyes travel over the paper to see what I have to prepare.

"First lesson, show the teacher a sketch of a human and an animal next to each other, show the teacher how drawing humans and animals are not the same" I read out loud for me to understand the assignment. I pull out my sketchbook and my drawing tools. I look at Love and start to sketch Love next to someone. Maybe an hour goes by and throughout my progress of getting the assignment done, I have been drinking my coffee and my eaten my dessert. As I let my eyes rest and then again look at my paper, I see that I have drawn Love sitting up next to someone and that someone looks like my father. I feel my heart break a bit, I look at the small details I have drawn, the small wrinkles are what give it off that it is my father. I smile a little, and look at Love next to me, Love looks at me and lifts its paw up for me to hold, I smile just a little bit more and hold Love's hand. "Want to go home? We can pick up a treat for you to eat tonight?" Love lets out a pour and jumps down from the chair. I grin and pick up my things, and thank the owner for the coffee and dessert before I follow Love to the market just down the street. 

I look around and make sure that I know where Love is. Love is walking by my side avoiding kids that want to put their gross hands on Love. I spot the penance for fresh fish, I stop and pick up Love into my arms since Love might try to do something "Hello, can I get salmon?" The man behind the penance nods and packs a salmon for me and Love. I pull out the cash and give it to him, he thanks me and we walk away "We should go home" I walk over to my bike and set Love in the basket together with my small bag that I had brought with me. I drive away from the market and soon reach my apartment. Love jumps out of the basket and waits for me to get my things. Together we walk up the stairs and into the apartment, Love runs over to the window and jumps onto his blanket and waits for me to open up the window. 

The night goes by and clock hits 6 PM, I open the fridge and give Love the rest of the salmon, I open the door to my very small terrace. I look to my left and reach out to take a look at my tomato plant, I pour some water in the dirt and picks the ripe tomatoes. The sound of laughter fills the air, and just on the other side and three blocks away from my apartment I see a group of people walking towards the apartments near me. It reminds me of the night I met Yoongi and his friends. My thoughts do not wander far away from me when I suddenly hear someone yell: "M/N is that you?" I look down and see Hoseok and Jimin two of Yoongi's friends. It is hard to see their faces, but thanks to the street light nearby I can see their confused faces "Hey..." I say out loud for them to hear, I see Hoseok getting excited and waves "What are you doing here?", "I live here, I am going to university" I hear some of their friends talking "Wanna hang out with us kid? I see that you need to catch up with Hoseok and Jimin" One of the girls ask. I look at Jimin who nods, so I nod back and asks: "Can I bring my friend?" Their friends nod and I walk inside to put on some clothes, I look at Love and says: "Want to come?" Love jumps from the window, and I bow down to put on Love's knitted sweater on to make sure that Love will not get cold. I close the windows and reach out to put Love in my special bagpack where it is comfortable to stay. I lock the door and walk downstairs.

When I get down and out of the frontdoor, I see Jimin and Hoseok ready to give me a hug, Jimin stops when he sees Love and starts to qeual "Such a lovely cat you got M/N" He gives me a quick hug and starts to pet Love. Hoseok laughs and hugs me "Good to see you again M/N, how are you?" 

Well, I do not know. How am I?...